Senior Front-End / UI Developer
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What You’ll Do
The speed at which the business needs IT to respond continues to accelerate each day. Here in Cisco IT, we're facing this reality head-on with a software-defined strategy based on programmable, automated services through well-defined APIs. To build out our transformation, we are hiring a team of hardworking developers to be a part of our Global Infrastructure team. This team consists of a highly skilled group of front-end and back-end developers focusing on full stack integration of infrastructure services and associated APIs in a multi-cloud environment. You will transform the end-to-end experience for clients in how they engage, request and run their IT infrastructure as part of our transition to a true service provider model. Your work will enable thousands of Cisco users to take advantage of multi-cloud capabilities in innovative ways that drive speed and simplicity when it comes to IT infrastructure.
- Build and maintain a platform with common UI/UX components in the delivery of automated infrastructure services
- Develop complete front-end stack of projects using AngularJS, Java and/or ReactJS
- Develop standardized UI modules, tools, and libraries in support of automated infrastructure services
- API integration with a focus on providing clients a simple, clean UI and overall experience with infrastructure
- Work with various multi-functional groups to provide solutions to tackle issues or implement new technologies which brings value to the team
- Collaborate with fellow developers, designers and analysts to solve problems across the infrastructure stack
- Provide technical and business explanation and justification for architectural, design, and coding approaches
- Actively participate in scrum teams
- Ability to mentor and guide junior developers in SDLC and Agile best practices
Who You’ll Work With
You will work with a talented pool of infrastructure leaders, engineers and developers all committed to transforming how infrastructure is consumed by Cisco users. The team has a single goal to be best in the industry and help Cisco be the number one IT company in the world. Challenges are opportunities and the infrastructure organization are making those opportunities a reality each and every day!
Who You Are
You are innovative, creative and willing to take risks. You’re known as someone who is ambitious, sets high expectations for yourself and delivers results that matter. You enjoy life to the fullest and are passionate about making a difference in the world through your work, at the office and serving the community around you. You have experience and a passion for software design, development, architecture, testing and prototyping. You follow agile development principles and standard methodologies and understand the importance of code quality. Solving client problems through teamwork and continuous feedback is clearly understood..
Our minimum requirements are:
- B.S plus 8+ years of meaningful UI/UX development experience
- Expertise in AngularJS, Java and/or ReactJS
- Experience in UI architecture, design, build and test
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools with experience in agile development methodologies
- Deep knowledge of API services and integration
- Strong verbal and written and interpersonal skills and proven technical leadership
- Ability to effectively communicate information to technical and non-technical end users.
- Desire and willingness to stay on top of emerging technologies.
- Prior experience and exposure to IT Infrastructure or IT services
- Experience with cloud provider services like AWS, Azure, Google
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco #GIS #SDx