Senior Front End Engineer
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works. The Business Systems group is a rapidly growing engineering organization that focuses on building internal business systems to make Merakians more efficient.
As an engineer with Business Systems, we are looking for someone who is excited to provide delightful experiences to our business users through front-end web development. You love jumping to and from different programming languages and technologies such as Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) or Salesforce Communities. You help design features for what's best for the business. You will play a critical role in designing features to enhance the front-end of our stack.
What you’ll do:
- Building scalable and reliable solutions using AEM and Salesforce Communities
- Refine business requirements with Technical Project Managers and stakeholders
- Drive architectural strategy for systems design and implementations for the Marketing organization
- Other responsibilities include developing conceptual and detailed technical specs, reviewing all technical components of the implementations including code reviews, and oversight of overall code management, integration testing and UAT
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
Projects that you’ll start off with:
- Partner Portal Website Redesign
- Migration of Meraki corporate website to AEM technology stack
Who you are:
- 4+ years of experience in front end development required
- Experience Developing digital consumer experiences based on foundation of the Adobe CQ/AEM product suite including templates, components, dialogs, widgets and bundles
- Experience with UX -Modern front end frameworks (Angular, jQuery/ Extjs, Bootstrap, React, ES6, LESS, Sass, Handlebars/Mustache, Node, npm, Webpack, etc.)
- Understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, headers, asset loading / caching)
- Understanding of Semantic Markup, AJAX, JSON, and JS libraries
- Understanding of front-end optimization and performance techniques
- Understanding of user behavior and interaction design patterns
- Understanding of architecting or building front end components and/or libraries
- Experience developing web sites for multiple contexts (mobile, tablet, desktop, etc.) and multiple locales
- You have the ability to adapt to changing situations.
- You have a BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
Bonus points: :
- Leading development projects using an Agile Methodology.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Developing technology solutions in an enterprise environment.
Are you wondering what it is like to work at Cisco Meraki? Picture a breathtaking office, healthy catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, onsite gym and paid time off to volunteer for causes you believe in. Cisco Meraki has created an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. We are confident you will love it here. Check out more of our benefits on our job page, at https://meraki.cisco.com/jobs, and we look forward to talking with you soon.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.