Senior FPGA Design Engineer - 8+ Years
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Who You'll Work With
You will join a team of deeply hardworking engineers who design and develop best-in-class routing and optical products using industry leading edge tools.
What You'll Do
- Design and implementation of FPGAs.
- Participate in the architecture definition, implementation and verification phases.
- Detailed design specification and test plan development.
- Develop and implement block level RTL, perform synthesis and achieve timing closure.
- Work with multi-functional teams (hardware, software, diagnostics and signal integrity groups).
- Assist in complex subsystem level lab bring-up, integration, and unit test validation.
- Contribution to the design process adoption with in the team.
Who You Are
- Networking background
- Experienced in crafting with Xilinx, Altera and Microsemi FPGAs o Proficiency in HDL languages (Verilog, VHDL and System Verilog) o Hands on experience with Ethernet based protocols, PCIe, AXI, memory controllers, OTN, I2C, SPI, UART etc.. o Familiarity with simulation flow like UVM and VMM will be an added advantage o Knowledge on the signal integrity and system bring-up is a plus o Basic knowledge on Unix system and script tool is an advantage o Good English written and verbal communications.
- Self-motivation, partnership and strong interpersonal skills are needed.
- Educational Background: Typically requires 7-10 years of experience in FPGA designs with MTech/BTech in EE/EC domain.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.