Senior Engineering Technical Leader - WebEx Calling Architect
Location:Richardson, Texas, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Cloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Software Development, Testing, Webex (Collaboration), Wireless, Mobility
The successful applicant will be performing work in FedRAMP High or IL-5 environments, and therefore, must be a U.S. Person (i.e., U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, asylee, or refugee). This position may also perform work that the U.S. government has specified can only be performed by a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil.
Who We Are
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the innovation of IP-based networking technologies such as routing, switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Our responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and environmentally conscious operations and products.
Who you’re working with
WebEx Calling offers advanced hosted collaboration services for SMBs and enterprise customers globally. WebEx Calling is experiencing significant growth and continues to gain significant traction in the fast-growing cloud calling market. WebEx Calling is launching FedRAMP and IL-5 compliant services that will seamlessly integrate with the broader WebEx FedRAMP and IL-5 compliant offerings. You will be the lead architect for the WebEx Calling FedRAMP and IL-5 team.
What You’ll do
- Work closely with FedRAMP and IL-5 3PAO and understand the requirements that WebEx Calling must comply with
- Conduct security assessments of all aspects of WebEx Calling solution stack and understand where any gaps in NIST 800-53 compliance are
- Understand and clearly articulate the architectural and engineering impacts of FedRAMP and IL-5 compliance on the WebEx Calling solution
- Help define the WebEx Calling solution architecture that enables FedRAMP and IL-5 ATO
- Translate the compliance requirements into actionable WebEx Calling engineering deliverables
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering to create an FedRAMP and IL-5 compliance roadmap and execution strategy
- Work closely with leaders across the broader WebEx organization to ensure architectural strategy alignment
- Be the technical subject matter expert for the WebEx Calling organization all things FedRAMP and IL-5 related
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Strong leadership skills and initiative
- Comprehensive understanding of FedRAMP and IL-5 compliance process
- Have worked on a project that has received FedRAMP ATO
- In-depth knowledge of FIPS-140-2 and NIST 800-53
- Subject matter expert for boundary controls for hosted, IaaS and PaaS systems
- Excellent understanding of network security technologies including network and application security, firewalls, and access management
- Excellent understanding of Cloud environment services, including operating systems, networking components, databases, access controls, auditing, boundary protection, and cryptography.
- Proven ability to lead and manage security control assessments throughout project lifecycle
- Proven ability to work with external security auditors, including satisfying any evidence and artifact gathering compliance proofs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to explain technical details and requirements to a non-technical audience
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!