Senior Engineering Manager- Data Science Platform
Location:Offsite, San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking
Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter. As a business unit of Cisco Systems, Meraki is the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world with products and technology architecture that are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. Headquartered in San Francisco, the team has a growing international footprint with offices in Europe, Australia, Singapore, Japan, and China.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer Manager to join our Strategy & Data Science team in San Francisco. This would be an outstanding fit for a technical leader who is interested in building a team that will collaborate with partners across Meraki to help provide the functionality, scalability and reliability to stay ahead of our rapid growth. This role could be a phenomenal opportunity for someone who has a real passion for complex data/engineering challenges.
The Strategy & Data Science department is a group that works closely with executives and leaders across the company to support the development of and alignment on our business strategy. Our team partners with multiple engineering and product teams to drive near- and longer-term initiatives to improve our product and customer experience. If that interests you, keep on reading!
What will you do:
- Define and execute your team’s vision.
- Partner with multiple team members from engineering, dashboard, and data science to develop big data pipelines on a hybrid platform.
- Serve as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- Responsible for diagnosing and resolving systemic obstacles of data infrastructure
- Interact with our engineering and infrastructure teams to ensure production stability
- Conduct 1-1 with your direct reports.
- Plan and support career development.
- Recruit, onboard, and retain world-class developers
- Understand and lead the effort to reduce complexity and ensure quality and performance.
- Recommend open source technologies and integrate them into design
What skills you possess:
- 8+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of technical leadership experience
- Experience designing and developing data processing frameworks and tools, such as Kafka Streaming,Spark, Hadoop etc
- Advance knowledge building microservices on top of streaming architecture
- Strong programming skills in Python and Scala/Java
- Familiarity with cloud-native technologies and running cloud-based services, preferably AWS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that allow you to make an impact with technical and non-technical audiences
- BS or MS in Computer Science preferred
Who you are:
- You have strong prioritization skills
- You are eager to take ownership of projects and technical initiatives
- You remain curious and desire for continuous learning
- You have previous experience leading large robust teams
- You have experience developing and delivering scalable systems software solutions.
- You have proven people management and leadership skills, and a track record of mentoring and coaching team members to be successful.
- You are passionate about building and encouraging good engineering practices
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.