Location:Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
WHO We are:
The Cisco Collaboration Engineering team is part for the Cisco Collaboration technology organization, which is a $5 billion dollar business that is a global leader in providing Collaboration that are changing the way people communicate and work from anywhere. 95% of Fortune 500 companies use Cisco Collaboration with over 290,000 customers globally.
This is an amazing time to join our world-class team at the early stage of product development and help define, contribute and shape the future of Cisco Collaboration.
WHAT You’ll Do:
The Cisco Collaboration Engineering team is seeking our next Rock Star Innovation Technical to our dynamic team of Innovation Engineers.
In this role you will contribute to the design, develop, innovate and be an evangelist for Cisco Collaboration, an industry leading collaborative solution. You have a tinkerer, a maker, a hacker mentality so you can drive innovative ideas and contribute to improve user experiences.
You will be leading a hyperactive talented group of engineers to produce quick solution prototypes and help setting executives and customer demos.
You will be front and center of a revolutionary way of defining new Collaboration workstreams!
WHO You’ll Work With:
You will be a core member of a team composed of highly skilled individuals who are comfortable working in dynamic and technically challenging environments. The team consists of a unique blend of engineers and architects from a start-up acquired by Cisco and seasoned engineers that worked with Cisco for years. Our team successfully delivered multiple enterprise grade products and are involved in stages of product life cycle from conception to prototyping and development. We are not satisfied until the customer is delighted. The team is willing to experiment and adapt. Where forks in the road are approached, they will use data to drive their decisions.
WHO You are:
- 7+ years of native application development with experience in C++
- Demonstrated ability to work in high performing teams.
- High capacity to quickly prototype a working demo.
- Professional software development experience in Java, Node.js, Express.js.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs, JSON etc.
- Experience with SQL/No-SQL database technologies – MySQL, Mongo dB, Redis, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Deep understanding of web architecture including protocols, DNS, networking, browsers, CDNs, etc.
- Proficiency with Unit/Functional test automation
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, build and deployment systems
- Good working experience in OpenStack/AWS & cloud application development and deployment
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies, devOps
- Deep understanding of secure computing practices
- Experience with distributed systems
- Strong debugging skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- You have good written and oral communication skills, are a go-getter
- Sound understanding in areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!