Senior Engineer - macOS
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What You'll Do
You're a visionary, who is passionate about client experience and highly collaborative. You will be a critical member of a geographically dispersed team that is responsible for the management, access, and security of desktop-related devices (Windows desktops and laptops, Mac laptops, and Linux desktops).
Focusing on the Mac platform, you will be involved in the design, configuration, testing, and deployment of new (or upgraded) client/server applications such as Anti-virus, Data Encryption, Mac Device Management, Mac Security, OS versions, etc.
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working as part of a highly collaborative and cross-functional service area with a team that has a real passion for improving the client experience.
Industry recognized, we have one of the largest deployments of macOS computers in all enterprise and take a creative, user first approach to everything we do.
Who You Are
In addition to your extraordinary customer service skills and excellent communication & collaboration skills, you'll have a can-do mentality where anything is possible.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of IT industry experience in a globally diverse, enterprise organization.
- At least 4-6 years of hands-on experience with a wide range of client-server infrastructure, including but not limited to TCP/IP, Operating Systems, Device Management, and client systems.
- 5+ years experience with macOS Administration via MCX and MDM or scriptable solutions.
- 5+ years experience in setup and deployment of Jamf Pro Device Management in the enterprise.
- Experience building automated solutions leveraging Jamf Pro
- 4+ years experience creating scriptable solutions in bash and/or AppleScript
- Strong track record in working in a user-focused, dynamic, highly complex organization, responsible for operations and/or process execution.
- OS: macOS along with some Windows Server knowledge
- Development: Expert scripter in bash or AppleScript. Python or Perl knowledge (not required but a plus) should be able to share previously created works
- Troubleshooting: Detailed troubleshooting skills at the OS and application level, able to perform linear troubleshooting practices.
- Security: OS X Security including software updates, password policies, disk encryption and, Desktop Management technologies (Casper preferred).
- Tools: Jamf Pro, Jamf Composer, FileVault2 technologies, Apple Configurator, System Image Utility
- Expert in the macOS command line to enable client management and automation tasks.
- Expertise in system monitoring, analysis, management, and configuration tools or expertise with desktop management tools.
- General knowledge in the area of SQL (MySQL), Microsoft Server and client architecture.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco