Senior Engineer, Software Development
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestWireless, Mobility
Who you'll Work With
A project team of engineers involved in the development of software for our next generation Wireless and 5G products. Qualified professionals will define, architect, design, and deliver new software and features for these cutting-edge products.
What You'll Do
The Enterprise Wireless team under Cisco Intent Based Networking is the industry leader in enterprise WLAN with a proven track record in building innovative wireless solutions. You will work within this team and enhance your career by non-stop software development of business-critical software for wireless and 5G industry.
Who You Are
We are looking for passionate and dedicated Embedded software, Networking and Linux savvy programmers with data plane software background to deliver innovative software solutions for wireless and 5G customers
Minimum Requirements for this role:
· Bachelor or master’s degree in CS/EE, or equivalent experience is required.
· 5-10 years of software platform development experience
· Direct experience with writing data path software for multicore processors; Required to know fundamentals of L2 switching and TCP/IP Networking/Routing
· Desirable to have knowledge and experience with Wireless technologies such as 802.11, Wireless Access points and controller, etc
· Strong understanding of TCP/IP(v4, v6) networks and Wireless related protocols
· Strong coding skills with emphasis on writing Multitasking, real-time, modular and scalable code in C; Experience with other scripting languages such as Perl, TCL/Tk and Python
- Project experience with agile/spiral development and other state-of-the-art development processes and tools
- Strong ability to influence others and build consensus using good written and verbal communication skills
- You have excellent skills in working with multi-functional team like test, product marketing, customer support to deliver and maintain solutions
- You enjoy engaging diverse group of individuals to facilitate, moderate, and influence productive discussions driving towards results
- Kernel-level programming experience related to networking, preferably wireless
- Experience in establishing and sustaining excellent relationships with extended teams
- Ability to work across multi-functional teams to discuss and close on the technical solutions
- Passionate about ensuring delivery with a high-level of Quality
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns, and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!