Senior Director, Growth and Digital Marketing- Cisco/Webex
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)West Coast
Area of InterestMarketing and Communications
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Who We Are- Cisco/Webex
We all need to connect with people to get our work done. We are uniquely positioned to make that connection outstanding across hardware and software with a leading market position in meetings and team collaboration. Our next goal is to redefine how people work where communication is at the core of all productive collaboration.
What You’ll Do
We're looking for a Senior Director, Growth and Digital Marketing to drive rapid and quality growth of our multi-billion-dollar business. Reporting to the CMO of Webex, this role will be responsible for owning Webex demand generation strategy and executing scalable, data-driven initiatives and campaigns that drive qualified leads to our sales team. We need a results-driven, sales-focused demand generation expert who understands both traditional SaaS GTM and account-based marketing (ABM), thrives in a fast-paced environment and wakes up every day excited to execute, measure, and optimize marketing campaigns that identify and nurture leads. This is an exciting opportunity to build a leading demand generation function and support the growth of a company that is positively impacting the financial experience for patients. In addition, you will be responsible for the regional marketing strategy and drive the execution of omnichannel B2B marketing campaigns to fuel growth across the region. We are looking for an experienced B2B marketing professional to join us and work in close collaboration with the local sales team, marketing team members, and our partner network to generate demand.
Your mission: Architect a demand generation engine -- with a balanced focus on SaaS and ABM -- that will build the predictable pipeline needed to create a multi-million dollar recurring revenue business. This role requires leadership and vision, along with a deep understanding of what it takes to build a demand organization (team structure, metrics, channels, targets & budgets).
You'll own and execute a multi-channel demand generation strategy for inbound leads and partner closely with the Head of Partnerships on overall provider growth strategy, sales enablement, and toolstack adjustments to support data-driven decision-making. The ideal candidate has experience in high velocity B2B/B2B2C marketing initiatives including paid media, advertising, search, email, virtual and in-person events, and is comfortable in a fluid, fast-paced start-up environment.
- Deliver predictable pipeline at scale and build a dominant market position in a space where a significant percentage of pipeline is generated from a relatively small number of named target accounts
- Collaborate with sales and marketing leadership to prioritize, goals and targets, and develop strategic and tactical plans to deliver on those targets.
- Create and develop coordinated programs and campaigns aligned with new market launches, as well as existing upsell / cross-sell opportunities
- Partner cross-functionally with the sales team to identify opportunities for pipeline growth and acceleration
- Design and implement a system of target setting and measurement to achieve pipeline goals, eliminating the need for ad-hoc measurement and aligning to our Commercial vision
- Partner with creative/brand team to develop ad assets, landing pages, etc. for marketing and sales
- Create a unified pipeline team (campaigns, digital, experience) in concert with our sales function with a culture of perfection and a clear system for understanding priorities, aligning to them, and accountability for delivering results
- Develop and optimize a first-class digital experience with clear digital journeys and performance scorecards designed and implemented for key personas in target verticals
- Help lead, recruit, empower, and mentor a team of high-performing, data-driven marketers
Who You Are
- 7-10+ years operating in a complex, enterprise sales driven technology company (5+ years in B2B SaaS is preferred)
- Seasoned people leader, with a developed sense of what drives strong team alignment and culture
- Mix of large company (operating at scale) and small company (scrappy execution) experiences
- Track record of synthesizing a specific go-to-market strategy into the appropriate mix of demand generation tactics (vs. applying pre-designed frameworks)
- Has a passion for understanding customers/buyer pains and needs, and can align the organization to address
- Demonstrated ability to lead directly and through influence to drive execution of a strategy
- Direct leadership or close familiarity with different aspects of enterprise pipeline generation: digital marketing, integrated campaigns, corporate events, and sales development teams (SDR/BDR)
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent) required, MA/MBA preferred
- Deep experience with Salesforce and marketing automation/ABM systems
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!