Senior Director, Global Cloud Infrastructure and Operations
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestCollaboration
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Networking, Software Development, Testing
What You’ll Do
Cisco’s Collaboration Technology Team is looking for a Senior Director, Global Cloud Infrastructure and Operations. In this role, you will have the responsibility for the design, implementation and operations of Cisco’s Webex Global Cloud Infrastructure. The cloud infrastructure must support a multi-billion-dollar business that is growing fast in all market segments and geographies. The new person must a be an engineering leader with a track record of leading global teams and successfully scaling public and private cloud infrastructure to run a five nines reliable production environment. The role is responsible for defining and driving the plans to build and evolve our infrastructure technology teams to support Cisco’s Webex Cloud for strategic growth. This position will provide leadership and vision driving software defined infrastructure, using public cloud and on-premise technologies to support business agility and maximize efficiencies. The leader will be data driven utilizing key metrics to measure internal and external operational level agreements to provide quality, reliable infrastructure services, including voice, compute, storage, and network.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic thought leadership and guiding critical initiatives and transformation activities across the Infrastructure, Engineering and Operations organization; promoting the organization’s strategic vision and execution.
- Orchestrate and lead accountability around continuous improvement efforts and cost optimization programs.
- Supervising overall operational excellence against external benchmarks and defining service levels expected by business and customers.
- Define the infrastructure and technology operations strategy to support the business needs for scalability, growing demand for capacity and associated Quality of service (e.g. performance, reliability and disaster recovery measures).
- Develop and implement the service, people and management processes vital for delivering the right set of services at the right level for the business.
- Maintain and present to Executive team on a regular basis support metrics such as critical issue escalations, issue volumes, staff productivity levels, and overall health of software & infrastructure technology.
- Lead strategic technological planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies. Prioritize across the business the long-term goals and roadmap for infrastructure technology and operations.
- Conduct research to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable in regards to industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business needs and associated processes and system alterations.
- Analyze and improve upon technology standards across the organization to maintain a technological and competitive edge within the market.
- Provide reliable technical assessments of potential acquisitions.
- Lead and drive engineering teams with a charter of developing and executing on hybrid cloud infrastructure strategy and direction.
- Create technological vision, drive technology strategy and influence stakeholders on strategic direction.
- Collaborate with Application Engineering teams, Product Management teams and leaders across functions to define future infrastructure service offerings.
- Work actively in solution development and lead in the trenches as needed, providing innovative solutions to real engineering problems and serving as an example to staff.
- Lead and build high performing engineering teams; attracting and retaining A-Level talent, and developing the team’s industry knowledge, technical proficiencies, and professional growth.
- Empower engineering teams and establish effective working processes to ensure optimal strategies and best practices.
- Develop a progressive engineering culture that fosters creativity and collaboration.
- Champion an agile culture that promotes growth and ownership, setting the standard, and alignment to company goals.
- Create an environment that encourages everyone to maintain a commitment to company culture and values.
- Collaborate and contribute to the long-term engineering vision and roadmap.
- Challenge and inspire engineering leadership to achieve and deliver business results.
Who You Are
The Senior Director, Global Cloud Infrastructure and Operations, will be a seasoned executive with tremendous drive, intelligence, and capability. She/he will be highly motivated and have the ability and desire to have real impact across the organization. The successful candidate will be a multi-dimensional thinker who operates not only on the basis of important past experiences, but in light of innovative approaches and developments that occur in the market. Additional personal and professional attributes include:
Skills & Experience:
- 15 years accomplished engineering executive with experience in advising technical infrastructure development and operations.
- An undergraduate degree in engineering or computer science is required. An advanced degree is highly desirable.
- Outstanding management capabilities, including the ability to build and lead highly effective team across geographic locations.
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable in a fast-moving, results-driven environment that includes a background in both small and large engineering development organizations.
- Successful track record of defining and executing strategic and innovative development projects which have had major impact on company and market share performance.
- Excellent communication skills, working at a global scale with many different cultures
- Excellent leadership abilities along with proven success in building, growing and managing a highly talented and motivated global organization of 200+ engineering professionals.
- Experienced and strong supporter of the agile methodology and DevOps mindset.
- Demonstrates excellent technology leadership, inspires and motivates team, bring new ideas, and leverage new technologies and methodologies to bring value to the company.
- Strong understanding of current and emerging technologies.
- Great written and oral communication skills including the ability to present ideas on both the technical and business sides and at the executive, customer, intercompany and team levels.
- Engaging personal style with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with a predisposition towards mentoring staff and encouraging their professional career development.
- Strong strategic thinking ability and demonstrated business acumen.
- Track record of leading services, budgets, staffing levels and achieving financial results.
- Strong decision-making abilities. Good judgment, sound logic.
- Strong collaboration skills; works well with teams across the organization.
- Excellent organization, project and task leadership skills.
- 10+ years’ experience working in a highly scalable and available on-demand solutions.
- Strong technical background in an environment with a variety of hardware and software, with a concentration in compute, storage and network.
- Demonstrated success leading modernization and transformation for a technology company of comparable size with minimal disruption, especially including Global
- Cloud transformations, as well as Agile and DevOps evolutions.
- Excellent knowledge of technology environments, including voice, network, compute and storage.
- Exposure to business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- General understanding of project management principles.
- Proven experience in planning, organization, and development.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
- Experience with acquisition due diligence and integrations.
- Experience with ITSM solutions and ability to align standardized processes and services across each area of service management.
- Ability to train and transform employees to current collaboration and communication systems.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!