Senior Director - Corporate Investments
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
What You’ll Do
Cisco has been an active investor using investments as a strategic part of our business for over 20 years. We invest in the best teams and technologies that improve how we work, live, play, and learn. We help companies accelerate the impact of their innovations via direct access to our customers, partners, business leaders, and Cisco IT.
With the goal of enabling Cisco Investments to be the premier corporate venture, you will drive and build out the next generation winning strategy and execution for our world-class Relationship management team within the Portfolio Development function. You will help drive the vision for Cisco Investments and play a key role in building out a platform for Cisco Investments to continue to deliver differentiated value to Cisco, portfolio companies, VC partners, and other partners.
Who You’ll Work With
As a leader for the Relationship management team within Cisco Investments Portfolio Development, you will work with a team that has a $2B+ active portfolio with direct investments and limited partner positions in funds around the world. Cisco Investments is amongst the most active in corporate venturing with top quartile returns performance. We are investing $200M+ per year in disruptive startups around the world and across domains such as Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data, Mobility, and Security.
Who You Are
Role & Responsibilities
- Leverage mature leadership skills to coach and manage a team of talented relationship managers to deliver differentiated value to Cisco, our portfolio companies and key partners
- Partner with deal managers, communications managers and platform managers to create an elite Cisco experience for our Portfolio Companies.
- You connect portfolio companies to Cisco GTM resources/capabilities, customers, partners, and Cisco IT
- You own relationships with Cisco VC partners and help shape future strategy to derive and deliver value out of the relationships
- Work with internal Cisco Business Leaders to advance Cisco's investment platforms and enable findings from the investments to be delivered back to Cisco businesses
- Advance Cisco Investments' brand and positioning
Our Minimum Requirements for this Role are:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the high-tech or venture/incubator/accelerator
- Deep understanding of Cisco's strategy and markets with depth in 1-2 areas and good knowledge for the rest
- Previous experience with sales enablement, ventures, and venture investing
- Ambitious spirit, can do attitude, focus on results, and high self-motivation/direction
- Good business sense/judgment and a strong foundation of business analytical and sales enablement skills
- Experience with customer and partner engagements, messaging, external marketing, and Cisco GTM
- Location must be San Jose or willingness to relocate
Our Desired Skills are:
- MBA is highly preferred.
- Experience in Technology driven field desired
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco