Senior Director, Business Critical Services - Business Product Manager Lead
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You’ll Do
This role is responsible for portfolio simplification and transformation leading to a set of offers that map to the CX Racetrack Lifecycle, growing recurring revenue, and improving adoption and renewals. You'll drive and direct your team to manage the assigned services portfolio, continuously working to validate and improve the defined services and pricing strategy, and finding critical "white space" to differentiate Cisco in the market and maintain the portfolio roadmap, such that CX metrics are attained (bookings, revenue, margin, ARR, etc.).
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Driving interlock with the BE Product Management, early in product development lifecycles, to ensure the CX capabilities roadmap is understood and field feedback is taken into account
- Actively support interlock and adoption motions for key customers
- Define core “strategic partner” relationships for co-development opportunities
- Investigate and understand customer and competitive trends, challenges and needs, and transform them into a bold service portfolio that delivers genuine business outcomes, value and differentiation to our customers; ability to predict market and customer trends
- Ensure regional nuances and compliance requirements and ensure they are appropriately incorporated into the portfolio
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the competitive landscape including new players, acquisition activities, new product and services launches, etc.; ensures this knowledge is packaged for consumption by delivery leadership and any recommended portfolio adjustments are clearly outlined
- Liaise with marketing and PR, ensuring a complete set of collateral is in place and of high quality for all core offers
- Ensure effective interlock with regional and delivery management, and CX Operations, supporting methodology development, training, and all activities required to drive revenue
- Enable interlock with sales management, Business Development Managers (BDMs), and field enablement, actively participating in go to market development, collateral, SKU strategy and CSDM process, sales training, and all activities required to drive bookings
- Define innovation initiatives, to support overall portfolio management, including defining the minimum viable services package required for market trials
- Review and adjust profitability targets of the services portfolio within assigned markets
- Regularly meet with clients, including those to whom Cisco is delivering newly defined services, to ensure market perceptions are well understood
Who You’ll Work With
The CX Product Management teams will be responsible for the definition of the components and timing for the roadmap of the Business Critical Services offer portfolio, ensuring tight alignment with Cisco’s product portfolio and roadmap. Ensuring interlock with appropriate BE(s), New Product leadership, and delivery and sales management are critical to success, as are deep insight into customer trends, challenges and needs. You will collaborate with other SPMs (Services Product Managers), and the cross-technology strategy team, to ensure cross-technology alignments are defined and communicated in a clear and simple manner. You will also work with the Customer Success & Business Development Alignment function, regional delivery management, and Partner teams to support the partner strategy core offerings in the portfolio, and track success over time, adjusting as required.
Who You Are
To be successful you'll cultivate an executive presence and bring a strong mix of product management and customer experience specific acumen coupled with strategic vision and flawless execution. You will be the champion and advocate for the portfolio with sales, the field generally, and customers. You are detail oriented, highly organized and adaptable to a changing environment. You have strong analytical abilities and have a comprehensive understanding of business processes and campaign strategy. You have the ability to collaborate, lead and work under pressure in a fast-paced matrixed organization.
- You've achieved a Bachelor's degree, with Masters’ degree strongly preferred
- You have a minimum of 15 years' dynamic experience in Product Management in marketing, product management, strategy or consulting role
- Demonstrated experience in portfolio management or product management
- A solid understanding of the Cisco Architectures, customer needs, Cisco and competitor technologies, and industry trends
- A solid understanding of the Cisco portfolio
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence actions of team members outside of function
- Strategic, critical but creative thinker with strong business sense
- You love to lead, craft and work within cross-functional team environments
- You are passionate about developing and coaching a high-performance team focused on accountability and meeting and exceeding expectations
- Ability to identify, prioritize and deliver measurable results using frameworks and sound business practices, understanding cross-functional dependencies
- Strong business and technical writing skills, coupled with outstanding presentation abilities
- Well-developed teamwork, collaboration and project management skills
- Change agent with high degree of passion and positive attitude
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.