Senior DevTest Networking Engineer - CloudSecurity
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
What you’ll do
Cisco Cloud Security is a leading provider of Network Security and DNS services, enabling the world to connect to the Internet with confidence on any device, anywhere, anytime.
Our approach is twofold; first Umbrella, our cloud-delivered security service, blocks advanced attacks including malware, botnets, and phishing threats, while our predictive intelligence engine uses machine learning to automate protection against newly-discovered threats before they can reach our customers. Today, we handle more than 80 billion daily Internet requests from 65 million+ users around the world. Our global network has proven reliability and adds no latency. We protect each and every one of our customers' devices globally without any hardware to install or software to maintain.
We are looking for talented engineers to help us launch the next generation of cloud-delivered security services, and deliver a stronger offering with unprecedented customer experience.
Our full stack team is a mix of software, systems, and UI engineers who are passionate about automation and building at scale. We take great pride in developing and operating robust, fault tolerant and fast network security services that can protect users anywhere, anytime. We work closely with our customers and frequently include them in the decision-making process. We collaborate often with other Cloud Security teams (formally OpenDNS) to deliver industry leading cloud-based security solutions that are easy to deploy and simple to manage.
You enjoy working in a multi-functional team that owns the entire stack, thrive in an agile environment and happy to teach/learn from your teammates.
You enjoy solving problems at scale and working on services used by millions of customers every day from around the world.
You are interested in coming up with innovative solutions for complicated problems, and passionate about finding ways to do things better.
You know your way around a Unix terminal, built or deployed applications using cloud technologies (AWS, Google Cloud, Docker), and able to diagnose complex systems and applications.
You are familiar with the various VPN technologies, understand how to build cloud-based services at scale, and passionate about automation and CI/CD.
- Identify, influence and drive product architecture and improvement initiatives.
- Build and maintain automated testing and monitoring systems to address potential customer concerns before they arise.
- Be the engineering focal point for identifying and resolving customer issues.
- Drive appropriate problem diagnosis strategies and communicate steps for further trouble-shooting across multiple security technologies.
- Provide critical feedback to engineers on design and functional specifications for product usability, serviceability and reliability.
- Mentor others through one-on-one and formal training.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with firewall technology (ACLs, packet inspection, NAT), and VPN technology (IPSec, remote access, AAA, certificates).
- Hands on Experience with Cisco’s Firewall products as well as Routing products.
- Solid understanding of network protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, HTTPS, DHCP, DNS.
- At least one scripting language such as Python, Bash, Perl, PHP...
- Very strong Linux experience.
- Excellent communications skills: written and spoken (on the phone and in person).
- Cloud operations experience with a SaaS product in a large scale 24x7 production environment.
- Experience with AWS technologies such as EC2, S3 ,Lambda, Terraform...
- Working Knowledge of Container technologies like Docker.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools like e.g. Jenkins.
Working at Cisco Cloud Security group means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent and creative people that are determined to disrupt the Internet security industry with innovative ideas, world-class research and unrivaled products and services. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work! It's a place where the best ideas are quickly transformed into products, features, campaigns and company-wide practices, so it won't be long before you witness the results of your hard work. But don't just take our word for it. We've seen nearly 100% year-over-year usage growth.
As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.