Senior DevOps Infrastructure Engineer
Location:London, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
What You'll Do
You'll be helping to design and build the infrastructure that the rest of Cisco Umbrella uses to protect millions of users each day. Within the Streamline Platform Service team you'll work on systems that support containerized Internet security services in our globally distributed datacenters. Our team is responsible for the networks and hosts that support thousands of Internet-scale services. Your work will enable billions of daily requests and help protect a large part of the Internet from attackers.
Who You'll Work With
The Streamline Platform Service team is looking for a talented infrastructure engineer to help us build and operate our globally distributed application platform. We support cloud-native security applications running at internet scale. This team works closely with the rest of the Infrastructure Engineering teams to build core Internet architecture, security applications and distributed systems at scale.
Our team strongly believes in network automation and we are committed to automating all of our repetitive tasks such as configuration management and auto-remediation of incidents. We are a globally distributed team supporting over two dozen datacenters servicing thousands of containerized services.
Who You Are
You have experience with high-availability compute platforms and understand how to build scalable infrastructure. You have a deep understanding of containerization/virtualization technologies and networking concepts. You strive to build systems that are automated and performant. You understand cloud design principles and are comfortable operating in a modern devops environment.
Interested individuals should have:
- Experience building and running a high-transactional, 24x7 production environment
- Experience with container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes
- Experience with setting up and designing cloud virtualization platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure, Openstack or equivalent)
- Experience with automated Linux configuration and administration (Ansible, Puppet or equivalent)
- Experience in redundancy and high-availability protocols in resilient design
- Sound diagnostic ability; DDoS mitigation, packet-loss, latency, performance or throughput problems
- Experience with building high-security systems
- Experience with Perl, Python, Go, Ruby or PHP
- Any experience with advanced Linux networking or IPv6 is an asset
- Any experience with BGP and/or OSPF is an asset
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.