Senior DevOps Engineer- Cloud Platform Development & Deployment, Java/Python/Go, Puppet/Chef/Ansible
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Have you ever had a poor customer experience and thought of a million ways in which it could be improved? Have you ever empathized with those whose job it is to deliver customer experience and imagined how, if accurately empowered and motivated, the overall service delivery experience could be better? If so, we want to talk.
In the Cisco Customer Journey Solutions group, we are passionate about delivering amazing experiences to both customers and employees. We believe software can truly change the world and how it gives and receives customer service and it is our mission to be the leader in this space. To enable this vision, we are looking for hardworking, smart, and motivated Site Reliability Engineer to join our Site Reliability team.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will
- Drive the deployment and support for microservices
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that solutions are designed with customer user experience, scale/performance and operability in mind
- Ensure that your developers are never doing repetitive tasks, and the infrastructure is kept up to date as the stack evolves.
- Explore possible automation areas to accelerate the work for developers.
- Build and maintain continuous integration and delivery pipelines that can be used to drive quality and consistency throughout the full software lifecycle.
- Use and work on issue tracking tools and knowledge bases like JIRA and Confluence to organize the work and report on its progress for maximum transparency into the software development life-cycle.
In this role, you will work with:
Product Managers who will help you know our customers and partners so you can deliver solutions that meet their needs and wants.
Engineering Managers who will enable you to focus on doing what you love: delivering phenomenal software; they will also be your coach and guide on this exciting stage of your career journey.
Technical Architects who will play a hands-on role in helping you design, develop, and operate with the standard methodologies, patterns the industry has to offer.
You will work with Customer Success and Technical Assistance teams to support customer issues with top priority.
To get this job, you will need:
- 7-10 years of hands-on cloud platform development and deployment experience.
- You have experience in delivering always-on customer focused applications (i.e. online 24x7x365).
- Experience with cloud infrastructure services such as AWS, OpenStack, GCP, or similar.
- Experience with Kubernetes or other Docker/containerization tools and CI/CD pipeline development.
- You have complete understanding of operational tools and concepts, such as alerting, monitoring, logging and health checks.
- You have proven experience building and scaling data services (e.g. Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Redis, Vault).
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Ansible, or Chef and automation tools such as Jenkins.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems with experience in shell scripting.
- Understanding of security concepts and technologies.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.