eDSS China Team Architect – Big data platform
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
Who You’ll Work With
eDSS (Enterprise Data Security and Services) China team is part of Cisco IT organization. eDSS is responsible for design and development of Cisco enterprise data platform and services supporting Cisco business operation. eDSS China team as part of eDSS global team works closely with the US colleagues on delivering high quality software solutions.
* You will take part in implementing a security monitoring service to protect enterprise data in large scale.
* You will gain invaluable insight into how to build a scalable security service from end to end.
* You will be responsible for software development including design, coding, unit testing and fixing bugs.
* Develop compelling user interface with latest web technologies.
* Perform technical assessment by architecture and business requirements documents.
* Write technical design documents for projects & features by functional specifications.
* Implement project functionality by technical design document.
* Perform unit test and code review.
* Review and discuss technical issue & solution with global teams, communicate orally and in writing to articulate design and issues.
* Bug fix and production issue support.
What You’ll Do
* Manage and perform weekly deployment on production clusters.
* Work with global infrastructure team to manage the servers.
* Monitor production systems to ensure service availability.
* Step, manage and monitor various open source systems used in production.
* Trouble shooting production system and recover the normal operation.
* Develop monitoring tools and systems to monitor production system.
* Leverage open source monitoring tools to monitor production system.
* Work closely with development team to manage the continuous integration process from source code to production, with automations.
* Production resource planning based on production usage.
* Report production system status with data and metrics.
Who You Are
-Must have skill/experiences
* Strong sense of responsibilities and ownership.
* Decent understanding of operation systems principles and its internal workings.
* Decent understanding of Linux and how it works, such as file systems, networking, process management and scheduling, etc.
* Proficient in Linux shell programming.
* Proficient in Perl or Python.
* Deep understanding of TCP/IP protocols.
* Understanding of HTTP protocol and RESTFul APIs.
* 3+ years of heavy Linux shell environment working experience.
* Understanding and experience in setup, maintain and troubleshooting one or more of below systems: HDFS, Redis, Kafka, Zookeeper, Elasticsearch, Kibana, MongoDB, MySql, Storm, Apache Web Server, Nginx, Grafana, Rundeck.
* Familiar with MySql queries.
* 1+ years working experience in a virtual environment, such VMWare. Understanding of how virtualization works.
-Good to have skill/experiences
* Familiar with MongoDB queries.
* Familiar with Elasticsearch queries.
* Experience in managing 100+ application servers with a small group of people.
* Experience in deployment and maintaining of software on 20000+ servers with a small group of people.
* Working experience in docker environment.
* Working experience in managing virtual hosts, networking and applications on a public IaaS environment, such as AWS.
* Typically requires Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or other equivalent majors