Senior Data Scientist
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestInternet of Everything
Who you will work with:
The Data & Analytics (D&A) office is looking for multifaceted Data Engineer to help Cisco to unleash the power of data.
We have a huge amount of information from Cisco's Enterprise datasets, and you'll help provide data engineering and analytics solutions which will enable Cisco to be more data-driven to optimize its day to day operations and strategy. You will help make the data threading, data clean-up and traditional & predictive analytics available and consumable in ingenious new ways, and help build a community of "Data Engineering & Analytics advocates” across the company to ensure adoption.
What You'll Do
- Define and design the overall architecture of data analytic platform;
- Drive architecture and data engineering capabilities in the data analytical platform;
- Lead data engineers and data scientists, articulate business requirements and optimally translate into technical implementation plans;
- Lead the design for application solutions that will solve data analytic needs;
- Provide technical expertise to engineering teams.
- Who You'll Work With
- You will have an opportunity to work cross functionally with Customer Success, IT, Sales, Marketing, Product Teams
Who You Are:
- Master's degree in Computer Science (PhD. is a very strong plus)
- 15+ years of research or R&D leadership experience
- Willingness to work across teams and share knowledge and ideas beyond the immediate area of responsibility
- Capability to stand up and formulate clear scientific and technical arguments supporting one’s opinion
- Ability to quickly grasp the essence of the new technologies and be able to steer the team in the right direction
- Can-do attitude with a strong drive to take the initiative and complete tasks
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Willingness to take full ownership for the work you're doing
- Scripting, programming languages, and software packages for high-level data analysis such as Python or R
- Bigdata frameworks such as Apache Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Advanced modelling techniques
- Programming tools such as version control, build tools, and documentation tools
- Experience building production AI solutions
- Advanced skills/experience in database systems or data warehousing, data analysis, ETL, solutions design;
- Great problem solver; ability and ability to learn on your own and work in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, working across time zones and cross-culturally; Ability to work as part of a team
- Hands on experience in Data Science/Machine Learning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Additional requirements that will be a plus
- R&D experience in several of the following areas: Machine Learning and Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Artificial Intelligence, Data Mining, Pattern Recognition, Cloud Computing, Game Theory, Graph Theory
- Scientific publication track in the area of machine learning and AI
People, processes, data, and things. taking ambitious risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with standout personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are leaders with a point of view, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
At Cisco, each person brings their groundbreaking talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco