Senior Data Replication Engineer
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center
Who We Are
Database & Replication Services is an exciting group comprising of highly experienced and motivated database architects, engineers, and developers that support business critical database systems for Cisco IT. The team is also engaged in developing the next generation cloud based database service that would be highly scalable, performant, and available to meet the requirements of the ever changing needs and complexities of the business. The team supports varied database, middleware & replication technologies and applications such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Golden Gate, Attunity, Oracle E-business Suite, etc as well as Big Data (Hadoop) platform.
Who You Are
Highly motivated with innovative mind-set, self-driven.
Excellent understanding of Replication, database and infrastructure technologies and a strong architectural mindset and operational background
Writing a script should come as second nature to you, and you should have experience in infrastructure automation
Strong customer focus and can-do attitude
- 5+ years of experience in managing data replication using Oracle Golden Gate
- 5+ years of Oracle DBA experience on UNIX/Linux
- Strong working knowledge in replication set up between different databases(Oracle, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Mongo, Cassandra)
- Ability to setup and troubleshoot replication operational issues.
- Proficiency in Oracle versions 12c, 19c and Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Ability to perform Oracle patching and upgrade along with backup and restoration
- Experience with high availability (RAC), standby (Data Guard), and backup and recovery (RMAN)
- Hands on tuning SQL and PL/SQL using AWR, ASH…
- Attunity replicate and shareplex replication knowledge is a strong plus
- Strong experience in Unix Shell scripting
- Knowledge of work flows, batch processing, APIs
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment, good multi-tasking and time management skill
- Excellent communication skills within groups and teams
- Data integration & data modelling skills a plus
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world-changing? Be you with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.