Senior Data Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Software Development, Testing
Who We Are
We are a part of the Emerging Technologies and Incubation Group passionate about identifying breakthrough emerging solutions that build new markets and businesses for Cisco. We incubate these new opportunities in partnership with our business groups and the industry. The team also continues progress through Cisco’s meaningful work with Standards bodies and manages research partnerships with leading-edge Universities.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a passionate and hands-on Senior Data Engineer to join us on the sprint that takes us from ideation to Product. You will be an integral part of the Future Innovation and Products team, joining us at the earliest stage of the journey and responsible for designing, developing, and testing new features for completely new products. The right candidate has an entrepreneur spirit, thrives in dynamic environments, and can be counted on when the going gets tough. The ideal candidate is also a great communicator with terrific follow-through who can optimize on workflow and/or document changes concisely. This role is essential to the daily acquisition of customers and their retention.
- Design, build, and test cutting edge data pipeline architectures with the highest standard.
- Create new data validation methods and data analysis tools.
- Ensure compliance with data governance, data sovereignty and security policies.
- Implement prototype and product grade code for cutting-edge solutions.
- Define solutions, provide estimates on effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Experience in developing and integrating software allowing for flexible and scalable data transformation with data quality controls.
- Experience in working with SQL, NoSQL database such as MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Neptune, BigTable, …
- Experience in working with GCP, Azure, AWS.
- Experienced in design and implementation of metadata management, data quality management and data exchanges.
- Experience with container deployment platforms and tools, such as Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with messaging systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ) and APIs (REST, GRPC).
- Expert in Python, Go, or similar.
- Excited to tackle difficult research questions.
- Excited to wear different hats while dealing with tasks and challenges.
- Problem solver who can work both individually as well as an effective team player.
- Exposure to statistics and data science techniques.
- Awareness of the AWS, GCP and/or Azure ML/AI ecosystem.
- Hands on experience leading large-scale global data warehousing and analytics projects.
- Experience in designing and building APIs + API management.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do –you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us.