Senior Consulting Engineer
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Who We Are
Customer Experience team is a team of world-class technical experts whose main focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, increasing customer satisfaction metrics, and industry recognition and employee satisfaction scores.
What You’ll Do
Cisco Advanced Services is part of the Cisco Customer Experience (CX) organization. We are the advocates for Cisco customers. It is our mission to accelerate customer success by helping customers optimize their network investment and speed adoption and migration of advanced technologies.
With a seasoned mix of broad networking knowledge and specific area expertise, as well as excellent Customer relationship skills, you will
- Manage and optimize existing customer Environments
- Provide critical recommendations to help our customers retain their competitive edge
- Identify and support customers business needs and expected outcomes
- Design and implement complex solutions for Cisco’s valued customers
- Plan and document highly complex Upgrade and Migration activities across multiple Cisco technologies
- Build simulated networks in test labs to proof exciting new solutions
- Work in larger virtual teams spanning functions, regions and departments.
- Contribute to the future growth and success of the Customer Experience Center
Who You’ll Work With
You will be working in a highly diverse team responsible for the delivery of implementation and optimization solutions focused on large Service Providers in the EMEAR region. The selected candidate will deliver both traditional and cutting-edge technologies, solutions and services Cisco’s customers need to improve and manage their networks. In this role, you will be "Cisco's face to the customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor delivering on our commitments, building relations and supporting customers business. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to escalated issues.
Who You Are
- Typically requires university degree equivalent along with 10+ years of experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment
- Strong consulting skills, understanding customer needs and professional medium and large-scale networks requirements
- You should have experience in deploying & supporting Cisco Service Provider Solutions based on the following technologies:
IP internetworking, Routing protocols (MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, IS-IS, BGP, Multicast),
Cisco ASR 9000, CRS, Catalyst 7600 and NCS platforms (or competitor equivalent).
IOS-XR, XE and IOS operating systems
You should be able to demonstrate capabilities in :
- Working with complex projects.
- Troubleshooting large-scale networks.
- Driving value-add from interactions with Cisco’s Customers
- Ability to transfer business needs to technical solutions
- Understanding of network operations and change management process
- Motivation to face customers, provide recommendations and network health check reports
- CCIE certified or equivalent knowledge
- Any knowledge of Python, Java and other programming and scripting would be advantageous.
- Fluent English language is required, and other European languages would be an advantage (French, German, Italian, Spanish)
Here at Cisco we are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. The Internet of Everything has become a global phenomenon, driving massive opportunities for us to transform our customers' businesses worldwide. As Cisco delivers the networks that power the Internet, we are in the greatest position to take it one step further and cease the opportunities right in front of us; Continuing to connect the unconnected and digitalize the world.
Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. And you could be part of this! Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare and entertainment, to public and private sectors and far beyond.
Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as one of the Greatest Places to Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world today and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career with Cisco has exponential possibilities.