Senior Consulting Engineer DC/ ACI
Alternate LocationAll locations in Poland ; Warszawa, Poland; Warsaw, Poland; Krakow, Poland; Cracow, Poland; Gdansk, Poland; Poznan, Poland; Wroclaw, Poland; Katowice, Poland; Szczecin, Poland;
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You Will Do (responsibilities):
- Provide Planning, Designing, Implementation, Migration, Operation and Optimization services to Customers around Cisco’s Data Center products and solutions.
- Establish trusted advisor relationship with customer management and teams
- Travel to customer to perform work on-site (* restricted during COVID pandemic)
- Participate in or lead complex Data Center and Cloud infrastructure projects (in at least one of the technology areas: compute, storage, and network)
- Solve complex, cross-functional issues (might include network, server, storage, O/S, virtualization, consolidation, middleware, security, applications, operations, content switching, caching, or content delivery networks)
- Test solutions in the Lab
- Provide technical support for customers during software and hardware upgrades
- Participate in regular status meetings and ad-hoc interactions with customers
- Manage your deliverables and responsibilities while maintaining high customers’ sentiment
- Support Project Managers (PM) in project tracking and in resolution of project issues
- Participate in the preparation of proposals and Statements of Work.
- Guide more junior engineers
- Share your knowledge
Who You Are (expectations):
You are a passionate Team Player who has:
- University degree and at least 6+ years of relevant experience
- Curiosity, willingness to learn and to experiment
- Experience in designing, deploying & supporting Networking or Data Center solutions (ideally from Cisco)
- Good command of English language (both verbal and written)
- Good Understanding of networking protocols and technologies (MPLS, OSPF, BGP, STP, VLANs, EtherChannel, VPC, QoS, etc.)
- Good understanding of Data Center concepts and architectures
- Experience of working on large-scale projects
- Hands-on experience using Cisco Nexus devices
- Practical knowledge of Cisco ACI
Desired Skills (competitive advantage):
- Any Data Center related certification (CCNP, CCIE, CCDE or other industry equivalent)
- Experience with VXLAN/EVPN
- Knowledge of network management, network availability and capacity planning
- Knowledge of operating systems administration (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu Canonical, Windows)
- Experience in scripting languages
- Experience automating infrastructure provisioning (Ansible, Terraform, CI/CD tools)
- Knowledge of virtualization, containers
- Another European language (preferred: German, French, Italian, Spanish)
- Security clearance
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.