Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Location:Boston, Massachusetts, US
Area of InterestSecurity
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Security
About the Business
Cisco Cloud Security is a leading provider of network security services, enabling the world to connect to the Internet with confidence on any device, anywhere, anytime. We build and operate highly-available, distributed cloud delivered security solutions critical to the success of the next wave of innovation in the security industry.
We are looking for passionate engineers to help us migrate, launch and operate the next generation of the entire Umbrella cloud security platform in an AWS GovCloud-native environment to dramatically expand access to the US government market. Our current focus is on growing the platform's FedRAMP (Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program) authorization.
Our engineering team is composed of highly skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous, and technically challenging environment. Members are involved with all stages of the product development process from solving complex engineering problems to working directly with customers.
You have extensive experience building, scaling and managing enterprise applications in cloud-native environments. You stay on top of industry best practices and you’ve successfully established relationships with engineering teams based on collaboration, empathy, and the pursuit of excellence.
- Experience executing as a senior engineer in Agile DevOps oriented teams and cultures - employing modern frameworks, technologies, DevOps/DevSecOps practices and infrastructure-as-code tools.
- 5+ years experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- 3+ years of experience with infrastructure automation using Terraform and have experience with configuration management tools like Ansible/Puppet/Chef/ or Salt.
- Experience migrating compute workloads between private and public and hybrid clouds.
- Experience enabling high availability, disaster recovery, monitoring & alerts, automation and continuous high performance for cloud-native SaaS applications supporting a global customer base.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams with strong collaboration and communication skills; have a desire to speak up, share ideas, and help others
- Practical knowledge of IT Security (encryption, firewalls, secure systems design, vulnerability management, secure software design, credential management, etc.) and security engineering.
- Proficient in git and version control systems (GitLab or GitHub)
- Experience designing and building sophisticated CI/CD pipeline
- You love introducing teams to new technologies, frameworks, and points of view.
Nice to Have
- Experience programming Python, Golang, or Java.
- Experience building or maintaining infrastructures hardened to meet FedRAMP, SOC2 or ISO27001 compliance.
- Knowledge of testing methodologies, monitoring, observability tools, and techniques.
- Familiarity with microservice architectures, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes is a huge plus.
- You are excited about developing cloud-native solutions to complex problems!
What You’ll Do
- Be responsible for building a FedRAMP compliant infrastructure for Cisco’s Security Business Group.
- Partner with security, application and infrastructure teams to instrument a streamlined life cycle of change from Dev, Test, Stage, and Production environments
- Apply your experience implementing infrastructure as code, transforming release pipelines and deploying into production with a NoOps mindset on highly performant DevOps pipelines.
- Facilitate a disciplined approach to ensuring the predictability and quality of deployments
- Benchmark & optimize key operations metrics, ensure we meet operational SLAs.
- Support incident responders in analyzing applicable threats, vulnerabilities, controls and residual risks within the FedRAMP boundary
- Analyze and harden existing applications, infrastructure, automation, and deployment processes partnering with multiple Engineering teams to implement solutions within the space
- Work with cross functional teams to achieve certification, perform security reviews and remediate audit findings.
- Design and implement features and components in a team oriented environment. Own the development of functional components.
- Implement consistent DevSecOps practices for Cisco Cloud Security organization
- Contribute to a no-blame culture that values learning, transparency, accountability, trust, kindness, and mutual respect.
- Work with Product Management and Legal on privacy impact assessments to ensure the privacy of the platform and update the Cloud Security privacy sheet.
- Assist and ensure engineering teams follow various Cisco- and industry-specific compliance frameworks such as SOC-2, ISO 27001, and FedRAMP / NIST SP 800-53.
- Identify opportunities for automation, partner with engineering and security team on implementing automation
- Mentor engineering teams and help them on their journey to DevSecOps
- Provide thought leadership and domain expertise within Cloud Security to facilitate a culture of security and privacy.
- Collaborate with peer groups within the larger security team on Trust & Compliance, Security Operations, Risk Management, Security Engineering, and Education activities.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Some may think we’re “old” and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.