Senior Cloud Connected Wearables Architect
Location:Richardson, Texas, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Software Development, Testing
Why You'll Love Cisco
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking daring steps to shape the technologies that give us 5G, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with different personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, mothers, tech geeks, fathers, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired gurus. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
What You'll Do
Cloud Architect is an exemplary technical leader in his/her areas of practice. They bring deep experience and strategic insight spanning from Architecture, Design and Development leadership to client facing solutions which are among the best in the industry. This is a unique opportunity to be a catalyst in cloud transformation and build exciting ground-up cloud solutions. In this role, you will provide architectural mentorship to development teams focused on cloud micro services, influence the use of emerging technologies, and help define best practices for cloud deployments.
Excellence in practice and knowledge of emerging cloud technologies and tools, consummate thought leadership, constant innovation and contribution to development of industry standards will be your deliverables in addition to meeting business metrics for the respective areas. We are interested in proven leaders who love building robust and scalable systems with ideas from every area of computer science, including databases, distributed systems, operating systems, large-scale system design and testing, machine learning, networking, and security.
Who You Are
Your mission is to lead the organization in its cloud journey and mentor the teams as they deliver new features and products, impacting thousands of customers. You'll partner with Product Management to define our roadmap, collaborate with our UX Design team to ensure customers are delighted, and coordinate closely with other Engineering teams to champion new cloud technologies, and deliver scalable vertical cloud solutions. The ideal candidate is a hardworking, creative, and ambitious engineer with a proven track record, sound technical knowledge and skills in delivering large scale complex software solutions. You are a proven Cloud Architect that will advise the team on on-premise and SaaS enterprise digital transformation with the aim of aligning people / process / technologies and growing product quality. You are someone who thrives on technical leadership, management, mentoring and challenging teams to grow.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Strong experience in microservice architectures and orchestrating a suite of microservices in production systems.
- Strong experience in service meshes, API gateways, message buses, and event driven architectures.
- Design and implement Cloud architectures that support federation and multi-tenancy.
- Deep background in Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment techniques.
- Experience with infrastructure as code / orchestration of Cloud infrastructure using orchestration technologies like Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- You possess a deep understanding of development in public clouds like AWS/Azure/GCP and private cloud platforms like OpenStack and their service offerings.
- Strong experience in architecting for high availability and cost-effective cloud solutions in Azure or major cloud providers (AWS/GCP/Azure).
- Significant history of Architecture and Design with container platforms and industry standard open source frameworks.
- Advanced knowledge of Azure Compute, Storage, Networking, and Developer Tools.
- Experienced with modern cloud-based software tools and approaches (Git, CI/CD, Helm, automated testing, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring tools and their implementation (Nagios, Splunk)
- Excellent knowledge and experience with programming in C++, Golang, and Python.
- Good understanding of networking concepts, L2 - L7 protocols. Knowledge of containerized software (using Docker, Kubernetes) is a plus
- 10+ years hands on experience with systems and application analysis, design, build and support using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an architecture role.
- Experience architecting using products and services from major cloud vendors, Azure preferred.
- Ability to work with Engineering architects to influence serviceability and usability design
- Benchmark team capabilities against industry best practices and seek continual improvement
- Excellent communication, teamwork and delegation skills.
Preferred Experience Requirements:
- Working knowledge of machine learning / deep learning algorithms -- classification, clustering, regression, reinforcement learning, algorithm design and theory of computation, partial differential equations and information retrieval.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.