Senior Camera System Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCollaboration, Video
Who We Are
We all need to connect with people to get our work done. With Webex, we are uniquely positioned to make that connection outstanding across hardware and software with a leading market position in collaboration. Our next goal is to redefine how people work where communication is at the core of all productive collaboration.
What You’ll Do
As a senior camera system engineer in the Devices Technology Group within Collaboration, you are responsible for delivery of imaging systems as a product level and contribute to our cameras roadmap for the future. You are responsible for the whole camera system design and experience enhancement to ensure the product meets the high bar of Cisco quality. You are a leader who works closely with internal and external camera partners to accomplish:
- Invent the new technologies related to conferencing camera and video desktop system.
- Work with both external vendors and internal teams to develop image quality solutions for camera products as a lead camera system engineer.
- Define technical requirements and metrics for image quality specification and testing.
- Responsible for imaging system components selection, including lens, sensor and ISP.
- Work with silicon partners to understand the ISP capabilities of selected platforms and contribute to the development of multi-year camera roadmap.
- Develop end to end camera pipelines that include image capture, image processing and ISP tuning, evaluate image processing algorithms architecture for optimal image quality.
- Participate in design reviews and run objective and subjective image quality analysis.
Who You'll Work With:
You will be part of the WebEx Devices Engineering team. This group is responsible for the success of Cisco conferencing cameras, video desktop and WebEx devices, and is formed by a group of enthusiastic and talented members on a mission to transform the collaboration experiences delivered through our devices. You will collaborate with internal engineering teams and external vendors to produce exciting projects. As Cisco-nians, our work contributes to the mission of Powering an Inclusive Future for All.
Who You Are
- Minimum of a BS with either an MS or PhD preferred in Image Processing, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 5 or more years of experience in the development and delivery of imaging systems.
- Experienced in specifying and evaluating image sensors, ISPs and major SoC platforms.
- In-depth understanding of image capture and image signal processing design.
- Experience with camera 3A algorithms, demosaic, CCM, LSC, DPC, 3DNR, HDR/WDR.
- Knowledge of advanced computational photography algorithms for camera products.
- Familiar with Camera HAL, kernel drivers, V4L2, Gstreamer and UVC/UAC.
- Fluent verbal and written English, ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
Preferred experience of:
- Experience in developing automation/scripts/tools to accelerate development process.
- Experience with AI/ML features development in camera products is a plus.
- Experience in imaging related with Augmented or Virtual Reality products.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.t
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.