Senior Business Development Manager
Alternate LocationAdelaide, South Australia
Area of InterestBusiness Development
We are currently looking to appoint a highly motivated, driven, Business Development Manager who will be responsible for assisting with developing and maintaining Cisco’s Defence strategy and assisting to align Cisco capabilities to Defence outcomes with the primary aim to grow the defence business in Australia/Cisco.
- Identify early stage, long term, strategic Defence projects, identify stakeholders, position Cisco
- Developing & implementing strategies to win and grow revenue within a new & existing customer base
- Drive custom and complex opportunities with clients, in coordination with Sales, Cisco partners and other eco system partners
- Actively promote Cisco visibility and capability as a trusted partner at most senior levels of Defence (Minister, Chief, etc)
- Promote long term outcome approaches in collaboration with Customer Success Executive
- Conduit between Military requirements and Cisco capability / innovation
- Coordination in Developing, building & converting a strategic pipeline for short, medium & long-term sustainable growth with the Account team.
- Update and maintain Fixed strategic & Deployed engagement plan
- Correlate engagement to Cisco’s Defence Investment Plan
- Align Cisco approach to Defence priorities & communicate the value of Cisco solutions to critical partners, emphasis C-Level Customer Executives and similar personas.
- Focus on Strategic Service opportunities in coordination with Services team
- Creating & nurturing strategic relationships with both customers & vendors
- Having a ‘thinking out of the box‘ attitude to developing value add engagements to take advantage of cross and upsell opportunities, as well as driving a strong Customer centric approach to Cisco’s Defence engagements.
Who You Will Work With
You will work collaboratively with Cisco account teams, Cisco’s Defence busines vertical (in-particular 5 eyes partners), channel partners and end customers to deliver improved Defence outcomes and subsequently grow sales revenue. You will also work with Cisco’s product management, industry solutions teams and others to drive strategy and deliver results.
Who You Are
Professional with 5-10 years of Business Development experience in driving and scaling early stage business and has direct Defence experience (ex Defence personnel would be desired), OR, Strong history at senior levels of Defence with demonstrated commercial and technical understanding.
· Able to hold and preferable has current a minimum NV1 Clearance
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Wide exposure to the Defence Industries
- (Previous roles within the Defence Force would be desired)
- Wide ranging Supplier relationships within the Defence sector
- Sound commercial management experience along with design and implementation of sales strategies
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, applicants with arrest and conviction records, provided this does not effect the applicants ability to hold and maintain an Australian Defence clearance.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.