Senior Business Analyst
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestFinance
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
Why You’ll Love Cisco
We change the World! You will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part of a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You’ll Do
You will be responsible for driving SW monetization strategies and buying programs to improve the Mass Infrastructure Group business, transforming Cisco’s existing offer structure to SW-centric offers and enabling the organization to make informed decisions through qualitative and quantitative data.
This candidate should be motivated, agile, with strong time management, project management, financial, and analytical skills and have a proven record of working complex and cross-functional business intelligence & strategy projects to their completion.
This highly visible position will give you the chance to explore highly complex problems, gain insight into strategic issues that are forefront in the minds for the executive leadership team, and design and execute solutions to deliver real, sustainable impact.
Who You'll Work With
This role will work directly with Product Management, Sales, Customer Experience, Finance, Operations, and other functional teams to develop and execute SW Monetization strategies.
Who You Are
You possess an entrepreneurial, risk-taking flair and will possess a brand of confidence. You are able to balance both short-term goals with a longer-term vision for how they will evolve to support the new transformational business offers and deliver the Cisco value proposition over the next several years. You must possess the highest level of integrity, and be able to encourage trust and confidence in both our employees and our customers.
- Lead efforts to identify customer, partner, and market insights to accelerate SW Monetization business and optimize the cross-functional decision-making practice and alignment
- Drive Buying Program process and tool requirements to improve the customer experience, from inception to launch.
- Understand and support the product offer structure, pricing, monetization model, and global deployment approach.
- Build, develop, and maintain highly collaborative and working relationships with multiple teams across the business to understand available data and identify growth opportunities for the business
- Define and develop go-to-market strategy for our marketing campaigns that meet short and long-term business goals
- Interpret results, conclude actionable recommendations and communicate them effectively to executive stakeholders
- Analytical problem solving – analysis available information, use relevant data to identify trends, offers practical and effective solutions to simple and complex problems
- Technical strength - demonstrate technical depth, problem solving, adaptability, and curiosity
- Cross-functional collaboration – ability to manage and drive cross-functional teams, seek support for collaborative activities from managers and peers, and possess strong organizational skills
- Communication – clear communication skills both written and verbal, with both technical and non-technical teams, superb data visualization skills
- Business acumen – understand the data models from a business perspective to recommend improved, strategic and sustainable data capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or related field
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or related field preferred
- 2-4 years minimum work experience in Business Intelligence, Business Operations, Finance, Strategy, Product Management, or Marketing
- Superb knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, and MS Office
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco