Senior Asic Verification
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Networking, Service Provider
What You'll Do
It used to be that high-speed packet forwarding was performed in dedicated ASIC designs. These days we are looking to make those ASICs more general and programmable. Cisco Common ASIC Group is looking for an expert Senior Verification Engineer to drive existing projects and engage in new development of our next generation switching systems.
As part of ASIC team, you will be developing the ASICs at the heart of each of these switch products. There are only a very few teams worldwide that implement such devices. Every time you access the Internet, chances are, your data's been through one of our switches.
Who You'll Work With
You will work with Cisco’s best-in-class switching solution team. Our team is responsible for driving integration of the Nexus systems and ACI with software, including OpenStack, Docker, and Open vSwitch, to help our customers build multitenant clouds.
Who You Are
You are a talented, motivated ASIC verification engineer to join the team and contribute to the verification of very complex ASICs. You will have a Design Verification background, hands-on experience in System Verilog and UVM methodology, with in-depth knowledge of C++, scripting, as well as ASIC design and verification flow.
You’ll be part of Cisco Common ASIC Group, focusing on developing various test benches and contributing to different aspects of verification infrastructure.
You will collaborate closely with the design team and the hardware team to verify the ASIC in simulation, in emulation and during ASIC bring up.
- Designing UVM/C++ test benches
- Defining new DV methodologies
- Maintaining existing test benches
- End-to-end verification of various design blocks
- Contributing to top level verification
- Be a part of emulation testing efforts
- Participate in the ASIC bringup
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in EE and CE
- 8+ years of ASIC Design Verification experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Hands-on and deep understanding of System Verilog and UVM methodology
- Ability to construct testbench including scoreboard, agents, sequencers, and monitors.
- Nice to have C/C++ programming and debugging skills
- Knowledge of networking packets and Ethernet protocols is a plus
- Ability to debug issues independently
- Good Scripting experience (Python, Perl, TCL, shell programming)
- Proficient in functional coverage and constrained random DV environments.
- Prior experience in generating, merging and analyzing code coverage data
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative and team-focused, with the drive to learn and grow
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.