Senior ASIC Design Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Hardware
What You'll Do
- Participate in and contribute to chip architecture definition and discussions.
- Author design specifications and participate in micro-architecture specification reviews.
- Implement Verilog RTL to meet timing and performance requirements.
- Help define, evolve, and support our design methodology.
- Mentor junior engineers on performing project tasks and problem solving.
- Collaborate with the verification team to address design bugs and close code coverage.
- Work closely with physical design team to close design timing and place-and-route issues.
- Triage, debug, and root cause simulation, software bring-up, and customer failures.
- Perform diagnostic and post silicon validation tests in the lab.
Who You'll Work With
Join the Cisco Silicon One team in developing a unified silicon architecture for web scale and service provider networks. Cisco’s silicon team provides a unique experience for ASIC engineers by combining the resources offered by a large multi-geography silicon organization and a large campus (with onsite gym, healthcare, and café, social interest groups, and philanthropy), with the startup culture and breadth of growth opportunities that working in a smaller ASIC team can provide. At Cisco we connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals; and we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
Who you Are
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer engineering.
- 7+ years of ASIC Design experience.
- Excellent Verilog/System Verilog programming skills.
- Strong interactive and waveform debug skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative and team-focused with the commitment to learn and grow.
- Scripting experience (Python, Perl, TCL, shell programming) highly desirable.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.