Security and Operations Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)Offsite, Waltham, San Francisco
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
Who We Are
Cisco Cloud Security Group is at the forefront of developing cloud-delivered security needs and challenges of our customers. With an annual revenue exceeding $200M, it is one of the fastest growing businesses at Cisco. As Cisco is transforming its business model aggressively to a software and recurring revenue model, our cloud security business is leading this journey with 100%+ YoY growth in software recurring revenue.
What We Do
The Cloud Security group focuses on developing solutions that provide Security as a Service to our customers. Our vision is to build the most comprehensive security solutions that are both easy to deploy and simple to manage. We are at the initial stages of this journey and looking for a passionate and innovative engineers to help realize this vision. The notion of traditional perimeter based security is being disrupted. Since users, apps and infrastructure have all moved to cloud, security must too. Welcome to the team of geeks passionate about solving this very problem and making world a better place by making it a secure place.
We have a highly scalable cloud infrastructure spread across 25 data centers where we run our cloud security applications that operate at massive scale - 100B+ requests per day from 65M daily active users.
What You’ll Do
You will be part of a new FedRAMP team that is responsible for Operating and maintaning the FedRAMP infrastructure and services. As part of this role, your responsibilities will include having to:
- Build and deploy immutable infrastructure and components.
- Assist with resolving systems-level problems encountered in production or during releases.
- Tackle systems integration projects for monitoring, alerting, logging, scaling, and securing our cloud environments.
- Continuously improve the DevOps feedback cycle by using production incidents to drive better automation, documentation, and monitoring
- Support secure environment access by maintaining certificates, keys, and user and group security configuration.
- Provide high quality documentation and operations SOPs system artifacts that can be used to share skills and facilitate better planning for our technical teams.
- Work as part of a highly skilled team using Agile methodologies to deliver and maintain high quality, efficient and scalable components and features.
- Keep up with industry best practices, trends, and standards on environment security, networking, automation, and maintenance tooling.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of operations experience with a SaaS product required.
- 1+ years of hands-on expertise with AWS required.
- Extensive experience writing Bash scripts and Ansible playbooks required.
- Solid networking experience with Routing, Firewalls, VPN and protocols such as DHCP, DNS required.
- Solid security experience with SSH keys, tunneling and SSL certificates and Web Proxies required.
- Should have hands-on experience on some of the following:
- AWS: CloudWatch, IAM
- Cloud DBs: MySQL, Aurora, DynamoDB, Redis
- Scanners: Nessus, Qualys
- Monitoring and Reporting: Splunk, Nagios, StatsD, Prometheus, DataDog
- Python application development experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with Terraform, Packer highly desirable.
- Nice to have some PostgreSQL experience
- Experience with large-scale infrastructure automation is highly desirable.
- At least 1 year of experience preferred with Agile approaches like Scrum, Kanban, or Lean.
- Experience with regulated environments such as FedRAMP, SOC2, PCI, HIPAA, CMM, ISO 9001 is a big plus.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data, and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while aspiring for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco