Security Technical Solutions Specialist
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
What You'll Do
As a Technical Solutions Specialist in the Security team, you will be responsible for presales technical coverage, crafting and demonstrating infrastructure solutions that help connect and protect our customers. You will be part of the virtual pre-sales organization working with amazing Cisco engineers, account teams, customers, and partners to deliver business outcomes. This will enable you to be the “trusted technical advisor” that not only guides the customer but also develops the solutions that make Cisco an indispensable part of their business.
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of one of Cisco’s fastest-growing, disruptive, and innovative sales teams and the talent engine for Cisco Sales. We serve our customer’s lifecycle through a series of selling motions to drive higher value and an efficient experience from Cisco solutions.
The Global Virtual Engineering (GVE) team within the Global Virtual Sales and Engineering (GVS&E) organization is a dynamic and multicultural team that consistently delivers technology sales enablement, therefore, contributing to profitable growth. Within this trusted team you can share best practices, and your ideas, feel supported by your colleagues, challenge the status quo, be innovative, and have the flexibility to drive projects you are passionate about.
We connect Cisco customers with solutions that can transform their businesses and change the world for the better. You will have a significant impact on how customers are driving value from these solutions and technology offers.
We will provide you with a platform for success including mentor, training, and on-the-job learning that will strongly support you in your career advancement.
You will discover an innovative, flexible, and award-winning working environment using the latest Cisco technologies to enable and empower you to perform to the very best of your abilities. Our teams can adapt quickly to respond to market changes and are highly encouraged to give back to our local communities.
Who You Are
- You hold a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent.
- Proven track record of 3+ years in a Cybersecurity sales engineering, engineering/administration role
- You're a highly motivated, self-starter, high-performing individual with a passion for technology, and always looking to learn more, including new technologies from future Cisco acquisitions.
- You have the ability to address technical or sales-related problems in a timely manner.
- You embrace full-spectrum diversity as a change-maker, able to work in a technically complex environment, constantly improving things for communities and enterprises. You are a clear example of inclusive collaboration and put phenomenal importance on interpersonal relationships, being a people-focused technical sales professional with great spoken/written communication, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- You are knowledgeable of systems, technologies, and software used in typical IT infrastructures and have some hands-on experience, through college or jobs that are related to Cybersecurity. You constantly want to learn more about Cloud Security, Identity Services, Network Security, Zero Trust, User and Endpoint Protection among other technologies.
- You enjoy helping customers and you like to work collaboratively.
- You constantly want to learn more about how to deliver effective technical solutions and demonstrations to customers and how to design enterprise networks that can help achieve customer business outcomes.
- Proficient in English is a must.
- Cisco Certifications (CCNP, CCDP, CCIE, DevNet, CISSP) are a plus.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best; we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world-changing? Be you, with us!
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.