Security Technical Solutions Architect - Enterprise Sales
Location:Offsite, Rancho Cordova, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Territory: Northern California
We have an exciting Security Technical Solutions Architect role open in our Global Security Sales Organization team! You will be a highly motivated, entrepreneurial-minded sales professional who has a passion for delivering world-class technology and services that protect our customers from the network to the endpoint to the Cloud. As part of your DNA, you are an aggressive, self-starter with the ability to build executive relationships, develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that maximize Cisco’s opportunity within the customer environment, position and promote the partner and customer value proposition for Cisco’s Security Architecture, articulate Cisco’s product and business strategies, and create the demand that makes deals happen!
In this role as Security Technical Solutions Architect, you will provide guidance and assist account teams within the territory in building solutions to address specific customer security needs. In this position you will be working with technology experts to help them position Cisco's security solutions effectively against competing offerings.
Check out the details:
- Serve as the subject matter expert in Cisco Security Solutions
- Provide guidance and assist account teams within the territory in building solutions to address specific customer security needs
- Work with technology experts to help them position Cisco's security solutions effectively against competing offerings.
- Provide specific solution/technology/product consulting, technical and sales support for major account opportunities
- Understand business requirements for customer base and be able to translate them into technical requirements
- Understand and articulate Cisco's architectures and services within Security technologies
- Create, present and document technical solutions
- Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects
- Drive identified major account opportunities (i.e. - technical consulting, upper level management presentations, and Cisco technology solutions) while allowing local account team to maintain long-term ownership
- Minimum 7 years of technical sales or pre-sales experience with 3+ years in Security specialization experience with Email Security, IDS/IPS, AV, Firewall, Advanced Malware Protection technologies
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent highly preferred
- Pre-sales experience required
- Successful quota achievement
- Proven track record or managing and winning technical and high value IT security projects
- Experience of administering Unix/Linux systems, low-layer (packet-level) IP networking and have a thorough understanding of network security
- Solid presentation and interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness and communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter that does not need day-to-day management
- Desirable experience including press experience, delivering training courses, prior experience with Cisco/Sourcefire security technologies, experience with programming languages such as UNIX shell, Perl or C
Why Cisco Security
Cisco Security - Cisco delivers intelligent cybersecurity for the real world, providing one of the industry's most comprehensive advanced threat protection portfolio that is integrated, pervasive, continuous and open. Cisco's threat-centric approach to security reduces complexity while providing unmatched visibility, continuous control and advanced threat protection across the entire attack continuum -- before, during and after an attack.
Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO) - GSSO is taking big steps to position Cisco as the #1 IT Security provider in the industry. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.