Security Technical Leader
Location:Offsite, Ohio, US
Additional Location(s)United States
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What You’ll Do
Cisco Security Customer Experience provides full life cycle services for Cisco’s top customers through delivery of advisory, integration, and managed services. Complementing the strongest portfolio of security products, Cisco is in a unique position to deliver enhanced security outcomes for its customers. Integrated within Cisco’s CX delivery model, we seek to solve the most critical challenges of our global customers through high value services.
As part of this team, you will be responsible for executing and leading Cisco's vision of accelerating the relevance of the network as the platform. Solution Architects are expected to lead and affect customer change through architectural and thought leadership as well as managing delivery engagements. You are also expected to help identify and pursue business opportunities as they lead delivery as well as support sales in the pursuit of new customers and opportunities. Finally, the Solution Architect is expected to act as technical and business leaders, mentoring security consulting engineers and supporting the development and improvement of security offers within CX.
Who You’ll Work With
Reporting into the Director for Security within the Customer Transformation Team, you will work with a high-performing team of security advisors and Cisco implementation specialists who have a deep focus on delivering valuable solutions to our customers. Additionally, Solutions Architects must have a strong working relationship with our Business Develop teams in order to bring the right technical expertise, delivery experience, and “know how” to drive growth in our business.
You will also align with Cisco’s product development and technical marketing teams to understand product capabilities and feature sets, product roadmaps, and integrations between multiple Cisco platforms.
Who You Are
Applicants should have significant knowledge of Enterprise Networking and Security, a proven track record in architecting security solutions, preferably in a consulting capacity, and a strong understand across a breadth of networking, operations, security, and compliance topics.
Applications must demonstrate the ability to deliver on the following responsibilities:
Security Services Delivery
- Lead, monitor, and report on security services engagements at key Cisco customers, interacting with customer technical and executive personnel
- Correlate business issues around technology and processes and create an architectural solution specific to a given customer or segment
- Position, architect, deliver, and improve Cisco security solutions
- Evaluate and present alternative solutions, effectively influencing outcomes
- Deliver security solutions independently as well as through leading a team of engineers across multiple technical disciplines
- Provide deep technical expertise on Cisco security technologies, while also being able to build and communicate the architectural context and big picture security solution
- Integrate security solutions into existing infrastructure, driving systems integration and implementation approaches including the identification and integration of third party products and services into a cohesive solution design
- Lead, participate, and support worldwide collaboration within the security practice and cross-functionally with other Cisco groups
- Troubleshoot, identify root cause, and help to recover customers from technical and security issues
- Create and adhere to standards, templates, methodologies, best practices, and delivery frameworks
- Build trusted advisor relationships with customers throughout business development and engagement activities
- While engaging with customers, identify and support the pursuit of business opportunities aligning to customer needs and their requirements as they transform and digitize their businesses
- Support Cisco Account Teams and Services Business Development Managers in the identification and development of new security services businesses
- Assist in the development of customer proposals and statements of work, accurately scope engagements as required
- Participate and collaborate with other solution architects and security practice technical leaders to identify, prioritize, and address new offer development or improvement of current offers
- Develop intellectual capital, solutions, and services
- Speak at conferences and develop whitepapers addressing customer security issues, emerging technology, and Cisco technical and services solutions
- Act as a technical resource for peers within the Advance Services organization, Security Product team, and Global Security Sales Organization
This is a senior technical role, requiring a minimum of 10 years working experience in IT Security, IT Consulting, and systems integration working with large Enterprise entities.
- Deep technical expertise in two or more of following: Network Security, Network Visibility, Segmentation, Endpoint Security, Threat Management, Cloud Security, E-mail Security
- Specific expertise in multiple Cisco Security technologies including: Firepower NGFW, ISE, TrustSec, Stealthwatch, ASA, NGIPS, AMP, AnyConnect, ThreatGrid, Umbrella, Web Security Appliance, E-mail Security, Cloudlock, ACI, Tetration, and Meraki MX
- Experience in implementing management and monitoring security infrastructure elements
- Experience with preparing, planning, designing, implementing, optimizing, and operating network security solutions
- Fluency in a wide range of infrastructure technologies such as routing and switching, infrastructure applications, voice, content networking, and wireless
- Strong understanding of secure design principles such as availability, adaptability, scalability, dependability, and modularity
- Ability to consult in operational disciplines such as systems management, monitoring, and change management
- Experience with developing solutions and end-to-end architectures. Given a set of business requirements, can provide a complete technical solution for medium to large enterprise of moderate complexity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively with technical staff and executives
- Ability to influence others and build trusted advisor relationships
- Bachelor of Science, or equivalent
- CISSP preferred
- CCIE Security preferred
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco