Technical Consulting Engineer - Security
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
Technology InterestNetworking, Security
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
What You’ll Do
In this role You will:
- Be a trusted technical authority to global Cisco customers and partners.
- Work with customers via collaboration tools to solve highly complex technical issues.
- Engage in cross technology collaborations to help solve issues in heterogeneous network environments.
- Contribute to knowledge base and troubleshooting guides. Train junior engineers and work as a team.
- Be the first to lay hands on the latest and greatest technologies in the field of networking security.
- Collaborate with engineering team to improve product quality by identifying and submitting software defects.
- Recreate customers technical problems in internal state-of-the-art Cisco lab.
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco's Customer Experience is the focal point for resolution of customer technical issues. We are a worldwide organization of 1000+ highly skilled engineers that craft and make a positive impact on the customer experience.
Within today's highly connected and increasingly social world of complex and sophisticated threats, Cisco is addressing these risks by offering elite security protection. You will be challenged, learn and be energized as you resolve complex technical issues in this ever-evolving landscape. Make an impact by joining one of our Security Solutions Support teams.
Who You Are:
We would like You to have:
- Minimum 4 years of related experience involving customer support element in Security technologies.
- Technical foundation in networking and network security (CCNP level knowledge or equivalent) (Cert not required)
- Knowledge and experience in at least one of the network security technologies: Cybersecurity, Firewalls, VPNs, AAA, Cloud Security, Email Security, Endpoint protection.
- Evidence of troubleshooting skills
- Foundation of Linux / UNIX command line tools / environment
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
We'll be very impressed if you can also show one of these:
- Advanced Linux skills, Windows troubleshooting
- Scripting Languages
- Relevant industry certification.
- Experience configuring, troubleshooting Cisco Security Products.
- Presentation and training skills
-Grow your technical and soft skills
-Ability to present in seminar and conferences such as Cisco live and partner meetings
-Support in pursuing Cisco Certification.
-Contribute to Cisco intellectual capital. (Automation projects, Hackathons, etc.)
-Mentoring and coaching.
-Becoming Subject Matter Expert.
-Giving back to local and global community. (charity events)
WE ARE CISCO
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.