Security Software Sales Specialist
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Worldwide Software Sales Specialist
What You’ll Do
Cisco’s Worldwide Software Sales organization is hiring a Worldwide Software Sales Specialist to accelerate the adoption of Security Enterprise and Multi-Architecture Agreements by creating and executing sales strategies that maximize Cisco’s opportunity within the customer environment.
The Worldwide Software Sales specialist will be a quota-carrying high-performance sales leader who is chartered for accelerating the adoption of Security Enterprise Agreements (EAs) and Multi-Architecture EAs through positioning the partner and customer value delivered by Cisco’s integrated Security Architecture.
This role will focus on accelerating Security Enterprise Agreements within Canada and America’s Service Provider theaters by jointly driving sales strategies with GSSO & Sales Leadership, Architecture Specialists, and Software Specialists through enablement, strategic deal support and offer escalation assistance.
· Develop area sales plans, responsible for crisp execution and accurate formation and communication of pipeline and forecast
· Enablement of sales field (AM/PSS/CSE) to drive Security EA sales to customers with a focus of cross architecture integration with other EA enrollments (DNA, Datacenter, Collab Flex Plan, Meraki, AppD)
· Field support and escalation assistance in all aspects of Security EA end to end process (prospecting, pricing, DSA/Discount structures, legal, Cisco Capital Integration, ROI/TCO analysis, Customer proposals, booking & post booking support
· Working with CX renewal teams on overall renewal performance inclusive of tracking and execution of Security EA Renewals (Follow-On EAs) and joint targeting of a-la-carte renewals transition to EAs
· Assist Cisco channels teams to accelerate EA scale via Partner led motion
· Perform quarterly and annual performance reviews for the team
· Work closely with Software Offer Monetization Office (OMO), Customer and Partner Services (CPS), the Product BE(s) in support of the business
Background and Skillsets
The ideal candidate will be able to successfully demonstrate the following background and skillsets:
· Proven track record of overachievement in selling Cisco Software and Enterprise Agreements into multiple customer segments
· Subject Matter Expert on Cisco’s Enterprise Agreement framework, Enrollment / Offer mechanics, licensing structure, sales positioning, and customer value across all of Cisco’s Buying Programs
· Solid understanding of the technologies and licensing constructs of Cisco Security portfolio and exposure to other Cisco’s major technology pillars including Collaboration, Meraki, Datacenter, Enterprise Network / DNA, and Service Provider
· Ability to develop, position, and sell the value of Cisco’s Security portfolio through Cross-Architecture (X-Architecture) focus
· Expertise in Business Value/Solution Selling across LOBs and ability to demonstrate successful selling motions
· Sales Leadership and Business Ownership mindset including a deep understanding of the key Software Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), business performance, and opportunities to accelerate this key part of our business and to be able to develop and lead regular business reviews / QBRs
· Established executive and senior-level relationships and trusted advisor status within Cisco’s Field Sales and Leadership, Software Specialist Sales and Leadership, Architecture / Platform Sales and Leadership, Offer Monetization Office (OMO), GEO Leadership, Customer Experience (CX), Channels, and the Cisco Business Units (BUs)
· Executive Presence and polished speaker including the ability to develop, simplify, and present complex content to a wide variety of audiences from small groups to large events
· Ability to lead and thrive in an influence leadership position working across organizational and hierarchical boundaries to achieve amazing results
· Understanding of the global nuances and cultures within our business and how Software and Buying Programs drive Cisco’s Go-to-Market strategies including Sales Plays and Use Cases across all GEOs, technologies, segments, and offers
· Passionate sales professional with a can-do / will-do attitude and the desire to be a part of a dynamic, high impact and high visibility team
Who You’ll Work With
This position reports to the Leader of Worldwide Security Software Sales Acceleration team who is responsible for the acceleration of Security Buying Program and Security Enterprise Agreement Offers to all GEOs (Americas / EMEAR / APJC). You will be engaging with Specialists, Sales, Engineering, Channels, and Marketing leaders across Cisco and working with a passionate team of professionals driving Cisco Enterprise Agreement buying programs.
Who You Are
You are an experienced software sales leader who has the proven ability to seamlessly work both strategically and tactically in a highly dynamic to drive a critical part of our business through sales leadership, field enablement, business ownership, architectural alignment, and sales escalations. You possess the demonstrated ability to lead and manage both defined and open-ended projects to successful closure.
You will possess the following:
- BS or equivalent with MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years in selling software solutions and Buying Programs / Enterprise Agreements to senior executives in global accounts
- Subject matter expert within the Cisco Security architecture with additional expertise in one or more additional architectures (Collaboration, Enterprise Networking, Data Center)
- Strong sales leadership and cross functional experience
- Ability to operate in a diverse matrixed-teams
- Proven track record managing significant revenue responsibility and or profit/loss center and overachieving targets to meet stretch goals
- Business Development and Strategy experience required
- Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership, think strategically and effectively communicate vision (both written and verbal) and influence cross-functionally
- Strong executive presence, polish, and political savvy
- Global business and cultural awareness
- Strong leadership skills and proven experience developing and executing a sales strategy
- Excellent listening skills and ability to persuade -- using simple communications that convey complex concepts in a compelling, concise, and creative way
- Customer centric focus!
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves because giving back is built into our DNA. We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.