Business Development Manager
Location:Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
For those interested in applying from outside of Cisco, Saudi nationals are preferred
Cisco's Customer Experience (CX) Business Development team is looking for an Architectural Business Development Manager (BDM) to help grow the Security Services business within the EMEAR region. This role is key to identifying, developing and winning Security Services opportunities in Middle East but may also contribute to winning opportunities elsewhere in the region. This is however not a sales role.
Cisco Security Services provide full lifecycle capability for our Clients through delivery of advisory, integration, and managed services. Complementing the strongest portfolio of security products in the industry, Cisco Security Services are uniquely positioned to provide high value outcomes to our Clients on their security journey.
What You’ll Do
Partnering with Account Teams, Technical teams, and Delivery teams you’ll drive the Security Services business pipeline, consulting on services solutions, recognising and aligning with Client business objectives, and building Client intimacy through the creation of high value propositions.
· Understanding client’s security related business requirements, and developing high impact consulting/services engagements.
· Communicate our security services portfolio positioning and value to target client segments and Cisco stakeholders.
· Identify and position new and innovative security service offerings and solutions based on observed marketplace demands and trends.
· Position security services strategies with RSM’s and Account Teams and drive security services activities associated with strategic account planning - analyse account roadmaps, opportunities, business models, and solutions
· Create and deliver security services quotes and proposals to clients with accurate deliverable scoping, sizing and pricing. Leverage internal functions to scale while maintaining quality of deliverables.
· Contribute to the ongoing tracking and management of pre-sales security services client opportunities
· Build influential relationships with key business partners
· Build and lead opportunity pursuit teams for large Security Services opportunities
· Be the face of Security Services to our Clients in major opportunities
· Contribute to building relationships and trusted advisor status with top executives at the client.
· Analyse, develop and present solutions to CISO and CxO level executives.
· Cultivate internal cross-functional relationships to ensure effective insertion of security solutions and transparency of the solution amongst internal stakeholders.
· Provide input into sales forecasts within region and work with delivery teams to ensure pre-sales resources are effectively aligned with future Security Services opportunities.
· Ability to travel up to 25%
Who You’ll Work With
The Business Development team of Cisco's Security Services provides pre-sales support to our Clients, complimenting sales teams, solution architects and delivery teams by communicating value, customising solutions, scoping work, and closing deals.
Who You Are
You are a self-starter with a track record of success in combining technical and consultative business skills to drive the business. You have strong leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to work cross functionally while being able to handle conflicting pressures and priorities. You are able to manage your time effectively and drive the delivery of CX business proposals either independently or through the use of the Technical Delivery Organisation.
You have a clear understanding of solution selling and the ability to convert consulting engagements into solution and managed service sales together with a track record of successfully contributing to the selling of services into large accounts. You engage and build relationships at the client and present complex ideas in succinct yet compelling form that creates urgency to execute the proposed engagement.
You have the ability to inspire and create excitement within the sales team, using your charisma to build enduring relationships with key business partners internally and externally
You are articulate, with the ability to communicate confidently at CxO or Senior Management levels, both within Cisco as well as with our clients.
· Experience in Cyber-Security and Services selling
· Several years in sales support/solution development/business development role
· Technical expertise, academic training or knowledge of information technology is required in order to provide a comprehensive, differentiated, and valuable level of consulting advice to the client.
· Demonstrated track record of pursuing and handling services engagements > $1M+
· Industry knowledge of Cyber-Security Operational requirements and processes
· Knowledge of industry legislation and standards eg. ISO27001 and NIST framework
· Client relationship skills up to VP, SVP and CxO level executives in Fortune 500 accounts
· Ability to effectively persuade sales, business and technical decision makers to make investment in new or emerging solutions or business models, including the effective handling of client business issues and objections.
· Ability to present complex ideas in succinct yet compelling form that creates urgency to execute the proposed engagement
· Strong strategic and financial analysis skills. Demonstrated ability to characterize market dynamics, competitive dimensions, purchaser decision-making criteria, and extrapolate to derive unique insight.
· Ability to lead/coordinate virtual teams with members from a range of functions, skills, and reporting structures to deliver comprehensive and timely pre-sales proposals
· Prior experience in consulting sales and consulting practice development
· BA/BS, MBA preferred and several years’ related experience in strategy and/or business development, preferably in the security and services industries.
· CISM or similar industry recognised accreditation
· Demonstrate knowledge of the client's business to be conversant enough in order to present a compelling point-of-view to the client of what activities should be undertaken in order to help the client's company achieve competitive advantage and differentiation.
· Act as a change agent for shaping services strategy by applying current industry knowledge to evangelize and drive adoption of cyber-security strategies and leading cyber-security practices.
· Knowledge of the Cisco CX business
· Self-starter, independent, pro-active, multi task, program management mind set with the ability to resolve conflicts
· Excellent verbal and written skills in communicating and positioning Professional Services
· Ideal candidates will have proven success working with/for top technology providers and/or major global system integrator.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
· We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
· We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
· We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.