Security Sales Business Development Manager - US Commercial
Location:Offsite, Chicago, Illinois, US
Alternate LocationAnywhere in the US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
What You'll Do
The Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO) - GSSO is taking big steps to position Cisco as the #1 IT Security provider in the industry. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
As a Security Sales Business Development Manager, you will join the U.S. Commercial GSSO team, which is an efficient execution team focused on fueling future security growth by accelerating sales through business development for our customers, partners and the broader Cisco family.
You will focus on developing the Security Sales Initiatives working with the Area Sales Leaders, Channel Partners, Portfolio Sellers, America’s Security Sales, and the Security Business Group. You will join an innovative, high impact, results driven, fun U.S Commercial Security Sales team and will be responsible for:
- Driving Programs, Initiatives, and Results that leverage the Security Platform to our Customer’s advantage.
- Increasing the attach rate of Security in all Cisco Core sales
- Evangelizing the value and importance of Security across all major stake holders.
You will be expected to collaborate, interlock and engage with all the necessary areas of the business, such as but not limited to; Cisco Salesforce, Customer, Channels, Commercial, Distribution, Marketing, Finance, Theatre and technical teams to put programs in motion to grow the business across your assigned region.
- Execute on the U.S. Commercial Security sales acceleration plan
- Interlock with all business units, external and internal
- Collaborate and support in Area security teams to help build funnel and grow attach rate.
- Understand, articulate and position both internally and externally the Cisco's end-to-end Security architecture
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships within key strategic partners to help drive focus security sales.
- Demonstrate a strong appreciation of Cisco Security capabilities. Use business acumen and product knowledge to align opportunities within Cisco to drive growth.
- Demonstrates the necessary skills to negotiate with peers, partners and customers using a Win/Win philosophy.
- Be a willing, supportive and fun team player.
- Be a leader toward senior management, peers, partners, company and customers in progressing Cisco's success in Security solutions.
- In conjunction with U.S. Commercial Security Sales Director, Build new innovative business models to continue to grow Security business.
- Business Reporting: Report on sales metrics, growth, pipeline, attainment by Segment, and provide comprehensive insight.
- Develop & communicate business/technology alignment plans to field leadership, and executive sales stakeholders
- Help Define requirements for sales initiatives and drive alignment between GSSO sales, services and BU.
- Identify, analyze, and scale best practices.
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Security - Cisco delivers intelligent cyber security for the real world, providing one of the industry's most comprehensive advanced threat protection portfolio that is integrated, pervasive, continuous and open. Cisco's threat-centric approach to security reduces complexity while providing unmatched visibility, continuous control and advanced threat protection across the entire attack continuum -- before, during and after an attack.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Who You Are
- Needs to be able to demonstrate successful sales experience with at least 5+ years' proven track record. Business Development and strategy experience required.
- Demonstrate a successful proven track record with sales leadership and cross functional/general project management experience.
- Experience in managing customers and partners - including sales strategy, opportunity discovery, forecasting, quota attainment, sales presentations, short, mid and long-term opportunity management are essential.
- Strong relationship management skills with a genuine understanding of how to identify build and manage relationships with multiple key decisions makers within Cisco, our partners and customers.
- Able to communicate the Cisco value proposition to executive level.
- Passionate and enthusiastic individual with a keen interest in developing security business
- Excellent negotiation and collaboration skills
- Language skills: fluent in English, other languages are a benefit
- Strong influencing skills to engage internal resources, including Marketing, Cisco Services, capital and Partners
- Knowledge of I.T. is essential. Prior technical sales experience is an advantage.
Why Cisco Security
Cisco Security - Cisco delivers intelligent cybersecurity for the real world, providing one of the industry's most comprehensive advanced threat protection portfolio that is integrated, pervasive, continuous and open. Cisco's threat-centric approach to security reduces complexity while providing unmatched visibility, continuous control and advanced threat protection across the entire attack continuum -- before, during and after an attack.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!