Security Research Engineer
Location:Offsite, Fulton, Maryland, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Cisco is a dynamic environment that inspires employees to create opportunities by honing their talents and skills every day. Employees are self-motivated, results driven and engaged. We recognize and reward quality results and commitment to our company’s purposes and principles.
We are looking for a Jurior/Mid-level Software Engineer to work on Cisco’s Application Detection Team. Major responsibilities include to help the support of our current application identification ad firewall capabilities of our Cisco Secure Firewall product, and work on the upcoming features of our roadmap. The position has to be for engineers that have experience with Test Driven Development, unit tests and some automation. Hiring for our Fulton, MD location, open to relocation within the US.
- experience with big data technologies (Hadoop/Spark)
- experience with network traffic analysis and knowledge of common protocols (TLS/HTTP/QUIC/SSH/SMB/SMTP)
- experience deploying and managing AWS services (ex: EC2/S3/EMR/Lambda/API Gateway/Data Pipeline)
- strong programming skills in python/C/C++
- experience applying machine learning to the cybersecurity domain
- MS/PhD in computer science, machine learning, or statistics
- deep understanding of common classification/clustering techniques and experimental design
- deep understanding of the MITRE ATT&CK and D3FEND frameworks
- experience with common attack tools (Metasploit/Cobalt Strike/Empire)
- perform large-scale measurement studies
- act as a subject matter expert for network-based threats
- collect relevant data exemplifying network-based attacks and evasion strategies
- develop machine learning models to address high-value use cases
- document results in the form of academic publications/external talks/blog posts/patents
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.