Security Research Engineer-Mac Security Research (Remote)-SP&R
Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Alternate LocationRemote- North America
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
What You’ll Do
As a part of the Kenna team supporting Cisco Security products, you will provide security research, detection content development and support assistance to our macOS and iOS endpoint customers. You will work towards keeping yourself abreast of the latest attack techniques on Apple's macOS and iOS Operating systems. You will conduct research into bleeding edge attack and defence mechanisms. You will research detection and prevention strategies to maintain Cisco’s leadership in macOS malware defence and security. You will also develop domain expertise in macOS/iOS information security and provide guidance and help protect our customers from breaches and cyber attacks. You will publish internal and external reports and blog posts detailing your research findings.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Development skills in C, C++, Objective C and experience in developing multi-threaded applications.
- Deep understanding of macOS and iOS operating system internals and strive to understand low-level details.
- Knowledge of macOS file formats such as MachO, DMG, Plist etc.
- Familiar with attack tactics, techniques, procedures and threat landscape in macOS.
- Prior experience in Big Data technologies such as hadoop, apache spark etc. will be preferred.
- You work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team, providing domain expertise when needed.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!