Security Research & Efficacy Analyst
Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Area of InterestInformation Technology
The Research & Efficacy Team is composed of highly skilled individuals who are comfortable working in a fast paced and technically challenging environment. The AMP Research and Efficacy Team are tasked with improving the detection and alerting capabilities of the AMP for Endpoints and Threat Grid product lines. Part of this work includes researching malware, attack and exploitation methods in order to generate Indicators and signatures for alerting within both products.
What You’ll Do
Role & Responsibilities
- Interface directly with Tier 3 support team to provide resolution of issues with detection's and other support case
- Triage and aid in the remediation of False Positive and False Negative triggers covering the AMP architecture
- product, and suggest/implement remediation
- Analyze Network traffic and binaries to identify malicious behavior and characteristics
- Suggest product improvements and enhancements through daily activities
Who You Are
- High personal integrity and ethical standards
- Strong team-oriented personality
- Passion for designing and building high-quality software
- Excellent communication skills
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!