Location:Ann Arbor, Michigan, US
Area of InterestSecurity
Technology InterestSecurity, Software Development, Testing
The Cisco Security Business Group (SBG) focuses on empowering the world to reach its full potential, securely through the Cisco Secure products. The SBG Security team supports this mission by building thoughtful partnerships with our internal partners to drive security strategy alignment across the SBG portfolio. Through these efforts, we deliver simple, effective security solutions for our internal customers that meet both market and industry expectations.
Our team’s mission is to become our internal customers’ most trusted partners by building best-in-class security programs that shape the market with our research, make it easy for our customer teams within Cisco to develop secure software, protect our most valuable information and customer assets, and enable SBG employees to work securely as they deliver Cisco Secure products including Duo, Umbrella, SecureX, Talos, AMP for Endpoints, StealthWatch, Tetration and beyond.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, and our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve the sophisticated problems that come with securing a growing business. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring.
As part of Cisco SBG,Duo is on a mission to end the era of passwords and democratize advanced security technologies to protect everyone, not just the Fortune 500s. We're solving the biggest security challenges in the industry and want you to join us for the ride!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer that has a Security mindset and has passion for doing cool things in the cybersecurity industry.
What you will do:
- Engineer cutting edge solutions to address the most pressing security problems facing companies today
- Develop full-stack in-house tools and automations to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness of the SBG Security Team
- Contribute to full lifecycle software development from requirements definition through to customer roll out
- Participate in shaping the strategic product roadmap for the SBG Security Team
- Triage and respond to internal security concerns and reports of incidents
- Mentor junior engineers and provide technical guidance to help them grow
Experience you bring:
- Building software tools and automation on a number of platforms to support corporate or cloud security
- Full-stack software development in a quality-minded high tech environment
- Operating production cloud native services for internal or external customers
- Familiarity with security threats facing companies today and ideas about how to address them
- Ability to identify low-work/high-reward items that improve an organization's security posture and a drive to execute on them
Skills you have:
- Expert at developing services with cloud native technologies from AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experienced at integrating and automating process between multiple on-prem and SaaS services using RESTful APIs
- Proficiency in several software languages, for example GoLang, Swift, Vue, Python
- Strategic vision for task planning and on-time execution
3 reasons to apply:
- You have a passion for automating the easy things in life—and the hard ones too!
- You thrive on the ambiguous, and desire to strategically explore problem spaces without having a clear goal. Where you're going, you don't need roads!
- You care about contributing to a collaborative culture and being responsible for providing technical leadership
Our team is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Cisco’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we encourage the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And, if this role is exciting to you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally, and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!