Security Engineer SP&R
Location:Offsite, RTP, North Carolina, US
Alternate LocationAny Americas Location - Mostly Remote
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Who You’ll Work With
We encourage employees to hone their talents and skills every single day with creative and challenging projects. Employees are self-motivated, results driven and engaged. We recognize and reward quality results and dedication to our company's purposes and principles.
This is an opportunity to work in the SP&R (Security Platform and Response) Security Team. The SP&R Security Team provides a security center of excellence to new and existing products within our organization. We provide key services within the organization: transformation of security controls into meaningful engineering requirements, reviewing evidence to ensure continuous compliance, development of tooling to automate security relevant tasks, and defining creative ways to share knowledge across teams.
We are looking for a Security Engineer to join our team.
What You’ll Do
You will be tasked with:
- Understanding the security posture of various offerings
- Ensuring compliance with security controls
- Representing the various products within SP&R to internal and external parties
- Engaging with Product Engineering and Operations teams
- Writing and reviewing system architectures and documentation
- Crafting useful software to automate compliance activities
- Supporting continuous monitoring and audit requirements
- Contributing to the key services provided by the SP&R Security Team
Who You Are
- Self-starter that is capable of optimally working with various customers, facilitating discussions, building consensus, establishing priorities, and building credible relationships
- Detail oriented individual who enjoys the challenge of multi-tasking, articulating project requirements, and keeping up to date with changing standards as set by various organizations (NIST, AICPA, ISO, FedRAMP, etc.)
- Technically skilled individual who can take control statements and work with engineering teams to translate them into real-world implementations
- 4+ years of proven experience
- Superb communication skills
- Background in software development or engineering
- Knowledge of software development practices
- Experience with compliance programs
- Understanding of security risks and analysis
- Experience in endpoint and/or network security
- Strong technical writing skills
- Experience with cloud computing
- Ability to write tooling, scripts, and software configurations in languages such as Ruby, Python, Golang, etc.
- Relevant security certifications
- Software development experience (Ruby, Go, C, python, etc.)
- Familiar with cryptography (X509, OpenSSL, etc.)
- Understanding of computer networking
- Experience with git or other version control systems
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!#LI-LM1