Security Engineer, Rails
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestSecurity, Software Development, Testing
Who You’ll Work With
Are you excited to be part of a new team? Does the thought of building a new, highly secure cloud infrastructure excite you? Are you ready to tackle the challenge of ensuring system security from development to deployment? Do you want to become an expert in the system and undertake new challenges?
This is an opportunity for you to join the security team within Cisco AMP for Endpoints, one of the world’s leading security products. The AMP team ships security software for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android operating systems. The web console team uses Ruby, Cassandra, Mongo, MySQL, RabbitMQ etc., all managed by Chef. We deploy to multi-region AWS cloud and also ship as an on-premise appliance.
As a member of the security team, you will help put the “Sec” in “DevSecOps”. You will contribute positively by building efficient tooling and processes which enable the organization to deliver secure code at an unprecedented pace. You will work alongside product owners and engineers to ensure new features meet strict security requirements. You will be tasked with maintaining a deep technical knowledge of the information system and need to be able to write code and features.
In this role, you will work closely with the web development team. The team follows agile principles and Scrum practices such as, short, iterative and incremental development cycles, automated unit and functional tests, and continuous integration.
We inspire employees to hone their talents and skills every single day with innovative and challenging projects. We recognize and reward quality results and dedication to our company's purposes and principles.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer or Computer Scientist to join a team whose goals are to focus on the FedRAMP system and Secure Development. Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Craft security-focused tooling to improve processes and coordination among groups
- Build security tooling for use within the organization
- Deploy code to a new cloud environment
- Ensuring new code meets security requirements and writing supporting documentation
- Provide guidance to teams on building secure software
- Supporting continuous monitoring and audit requirements
- Implementing new features to drive customer success
- Bug fixes and refactoring
- Assisting with production issues
Who You Are
- Excellent collaboration skills
- 2+ years of experience in software development
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with unit tests
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of Ruby or Python
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or an equivalent web framework
- Experience with git or other version control systems
- Able to navigate around Unix systems
- Familiar with OWASP
- Must be able to obtain a US government security clearance
- Networking knowledge
- Experience with production systems
- Experience with agile software development methods
- Experience in Secure Development methodologies
- Experience performing secure code reviews
- Experience in security
- Experience working with security standards (FedRAMP, ISO, PCI, etc.)
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will influence everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.