Security Consulting Engineer
Location:Herndon, Virginia, US
Additional Location(s)Chicago, IL
Area of InterestProfessional Services
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Networking, Security, Service Provider
Who You Are
You’re naturally curious about how devices work and how they can be compromised or subverted. You’re a professional who collaborates with colleagues to deliver excellent results. You can communicate and present complex topics to customers clearly. You have a working knowledge of fundamental electronics concepts including passive components and transistors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Fluency in C, C++, ARM assembly, x86 assembly and Python
- 5 years of professional experience penetration testing
- 3 years experience reverse engineering software with IDA Pro
- 3 years experience working with embedded systems
- Extensive knowledge of common threats and vulnerabilities affecting devices
- Experience identifying and exploiting security bugs
- Exceptional English communication skills, both oral and written
Desired skills (any of the following are a plus but not required):
- CEH, OSCP or OSCE certifications
- You have a deep understanding of networking concepts and tools (e.g. nmap, scapy, nessus)
- Reading / capturing electrical schematics (e.g. Altium, KiCad)
- Familiarity with common electrical test equipment
- Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, Bus Protocol Analyzers, Multimeters, Spectrum Analyzers
- Soldering & SMT rework
- You are comfortable working with SBCs such as the Raspberry Pi or BeagleBone
- Verilog / VHDL and FPGA design
- Intimate knowledge of the Linux kernel
- Working knowledge of QNX
- Practical experience with Software Defined Radio (SDR)
- Solid understand of secure boot and ARM TrustZone concepts
- Deep understanding of on-board and connectivity protocols
- SPI, I2C, CAN, LIN, USB
- Bluetooth / BLE
- 3G & 4G Cellular
- You are able to identify and exploit side channel attacks
- Practical experience circumventing device security using clock/power glitching
- Experience evaluating cryptography and protection of sensitive information
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco