Security Consulting Engineer
Location:Mexico City, Mexico
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What you will do:
- Responsible for delivering Cisco Advanced Services portfolio in the area of Cyber Security Services, which includes Implementation and Optimization services, in customer environments including enterprise, public sector and service provider areas.
- Ability to work in teams and provides guidance to team members giving technical support for customers during software and hardware upgrades. At times, must be able to lead the support and solution delivery in the area of expertise.
- Delivers migration plans, with a thorough understanding on networked applications and related dependencies – FW migrations, product code migrations etc.
- Creates customer deliverable documentation including High Level Designs, Low Level Designs and Test Plans for the entire Security portfolio either as a team member or as an individual resource in a project
- Ability to deliver and improvise repeat deliverables.
- Ability to understand and align to the changing business needs
- Ability to think and act on unique ways in solving customer’s technology challenges and help achieve their business outcomes.
- Ability to work as the technical specialist for customer deployments and as a member of technical team in key engagements
- Contributes in the process of capturing, developing, sharing, and effectively using organizational knowledge and lead knowledge management in the area of Security Services.
- Participates and works enthusiastically to drive continuous improvement as a key practice
Who you will work with:
- Customer project teams - Ability to communicate clearly and follow-through on day to day tasks with customer project teams including project manager and account team members
- Internal and External SMEs - Works enthusiastically as a team member with SMEs, both internal and external, to develop solutions and outcomes
- Internal and External Teams - Works, with both internal and external teams, to come up with ways to optimize processes, and to improve productivity using automation wherever possible
Who you are:
- Technical expertise in Security technology domain with demonstrated competency in one or more of the following areas - Firewall, IPS/IDS, Admission Control, Content Security, SIEM, SOC, encryption, VPN etc.
- Good experience in implementing Security products and technologies across key customer segments
- Experience in preparing, planning, and designing, implementing and optimizing Security products and a broader understanding of Cyber Security industry trends.
- Expertise in one or more of products and technologies such as Cisco ASA Firewall, Cisco NG IPS, Identity Services Engine, Content Security Platforms, third party security products & solutions.
- Good understanding in a wide range of Security protocols including TCP/IP, encryption protocols, application layer protocols, network & link layer protocols, device & network management protocols.
- Ability to troubleshoot, own and resolve implementation problems during migrations
Delivery Excellence and Customer Orientation:
- Has clarity on Project Lifecycle Management and strong Process Orientation leading to quality and customer satisfaction outcomes.
- Has the flair to manage stakeholders and customers in a complex and high-touch delivery environment. Works to develop customer relationships.
- Has performed as a team member in projects effectively, involving diverse matrixed teams.
- Ownership of delivery outcomes reflected in quality, timeliness and reliability of delivery
- Strive for quality delivery in support of delivery outcomes.
- Ability to collaboratively work with seniors, peers and juniors to drive growth in the learning and development space across a team.
- Ability to conduct technical sessions, presenting at key internal and external events, in selected areas of technical/ professional expertise.
- Ability to understand ambiguity while working with new technologies and embracing disruptive change through self-drive, motivation and belief.
- Very good communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to present clarity in communication with a good handle in technical vocabulary.
- Ability to seek and work on feedbacks.
- Desire to develop oneself and understanding of business contexts
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams contributing effectively for collective successes.
- High on result orientation bringing best of breed execution methodologies to manage risks and escalations.
- Innovate for successful outcomes. Ability to contribute in a continuous improvement culture.
- Is oriented to promote diversity in team, foster networking and build external relationships and value/ support voluntary and non-profit organizations
Qualifications and Certifications:
- Requires BS/BE/B.Tech degree or equivalent.
- 4+ years of related experience in IT industry.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in Security technologies.
- Certified Expertise in Security (CCIE or equivalent).
- Good Knowledge in Quality Systems and Industry Standards
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.