Security Business Development - Commercial Markets
Location:Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Area of InterestBusiness Development
What you'll Do
Cisco Security delivers intelligent cybersecurity for the real world, providing one of the industry's most comprehensive advanced threat protection portfolio that is integrated, pervasive, continuous and open. Cisco's threat-centric approach to security reduces complexity while providing unmatched transparency, continuous control and advanced threat protection across the entire continuum -- before, during and after an attack.
You will be responsible for all sales of Cisco Security technologies and associated services into Small Business and Commercial accounts. You are able to craft and grow new relationships within the customer base via direct touch to drive revenue growth while ensuring internal alignment.
- Develop security account plans and strategies for each assigned account using all available resources (executive sponsors, marketing, technical, services, Cisco on Cisco, etc).
- Drive revenue growth through new project identification, creation, and attach opportunities.
- Forecast and report activity accurately in line with expectations.
- Creates business opportunities through new and some existing accounts with small to medium semi complex contracts of around $100K-$150K
- Provide customers and partners with pricing and configurations to meet their needs as required.
- Craft high-level relationships within assigned existing accounts to win incremental product and service business.
- Partner closely with technical resources to ensure technical perfection in all positioning, competitive analysis, proposals, and exchanges.
- Team with Cisco authorized channel partners on sales opportunities bringing to bear their capabilities where appropriate.
- Direct touch sales combined with experience working in a matrixed organization.
Who You'll Work With
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are rapidly growing our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work.
Cisco is a game changer in the security industry. We’re working to deliver technology that not only safeguards customer’s data but doesn’t become an obstacle when they need to access it. We’re developing next gen firewall and cloud security solutions that can adapt to constantly changing threats to the network
Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO) is taking big steps to position Cisco as the #1 IT Security provider in the industry. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
Who You Are
You ideally have 5+ years experience selling software-based solutions such as network security (Intrusion Detection, Firewall, VPN, and related technologies) or Network and Systems management solutions.
- Deep technical background, ideally with a strong presales or security delivery background looking to transition to a Sales Business development role.
- Able to build and execute on an account plan which factors in a total systems-based security approach
- Adept at communicating with a largely technical audience
- Experience in applying solution-selling methodologies to improve corporate revenue growth. Track record of closing both tactical and strategic opportunities
- Good all-round knowledge of Security Market
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Dedicated with ability to succeed in a dynamic environment
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart-Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.