Security Automation Engineer
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestSecurity
Technology InterestSecurity, Software Development, Testing, Webex (Collaboration)
- Understand the security & business context - understand client needs, risk assessments
- Provide technical analysis and recommendations - cisco/vendor security products and architecture
- Build, Deliver and Support security automation and systems in support of Collaboration Security Team and the Collaboration Business
- Technical/Security review of system designs for network, apps, hosts, etc.
- Lead/support technical security projects
- Design, develop, review, deploy code with security in mind
- Conduct ongoing signature and event analysis tuning
- Conduct or consult on testing - stress, regression, etc.
- Operations/Implementation - software updates, device configuration, ACLs, upgrade cycles, etc.
- Maintain/update documentation - diagrams, procedures, process, etc.
- In addition to the above, relevant areas of experience/knowledge include:
- Network Infrastructure Security
- Web Architecture Security
- Application Security
- Cloud, hosted services (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) security
- Customer data security management and compliance
- Incident response - monitor, detect, respond
Who You’ll Work With
The Collaboration Security organization is responsible for protecting the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information and computing assets, while enabling business efficiency. Our global organization strives to exemplify operational perfection, defend and protect Webex Suite and the extended Collaboration portfolio, and provide an easily understood operating structure and enhanced customer service to our internal partners and clients.
Who You Are
- An experienced developer with experience in developing automation of security, cloud, and infrastructure processes.
- Ability to write code in a variety of languages to support the varied environments (AWS, Google, Azure, Private Cloud, Python, SQL, Jira, Tableau)
- Security fundamentals with a proven understanding of threats, vulnerabilities, risks, defenses, security principles and policies
- Solid foundation in security technologies such as firewalls, remote access, application security, device hardening, intrusion detection and prevention, network segmentation, encryption, mobility, collaboration, etc...
- Experience with cutting edge datacenter, host, network virtualization technologies
- Applied conceptual and analytical thinking, problem solving skills
- Consulting and partnering skills with security perspective and influence
- Time and efficiency leadership skills
- Proven presentation, demonstration and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a global, multi-cultural team setting
- A genuine sense of curiosity and a love for learning
- Ability to speak both the language of technology as well as the language of the business
- Ability to lead and influence technology Strategy Roadmap programs.
Education and Experience requirements
-You should have a BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent
-4+ years of technical experience.
- MS or additional experience is strongly preferred. Security, network/system administration or design related certifications are a plus.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's redefining our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are establishing teams that are growing our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine crafting outstanding disruption. Your progressive ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a lively and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.