Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
What you will do:
- Intellectual Capital Development: Expected to lead intellectual capital development and management efforts.
- Process Leadership: Influence support processes including: Methodologies and procedures, best practices documentation, and industry thought leadership.
- Technical Leadership: Responsible for providing thought leadership through writing technical white papers, presenting at industry events, and mentoring of peers and management on systems and architectural challenges.
- Lead Standardization Efforts: Support the creation and adoption of internal intellectual capital and knowledge management standards.
- Lead Transparency and Inclusion Efforts: Provide visibility of all salient activities, initiatives, and team efforts, allow for open participation, and streamline efforts for maximum efficiency.
- Security Services: Required to (1) position, architect, deliver, and improve service solutions, (2) lead, participate, and support worldwide collaboration with the security practice/ CoE teams and cross-functionally with other Cisco groups, (3) create and adhere to standards, templates, methodologies, best practices, delivery frameworks, etc., (4) provide leadership with raising the bar on how information is collected, shared, and posted for ease of access.
- New Service Development: Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple business units and solution teams to leverage multiple technologies in creating vertical or segment specific solutions for customers.
- must be able to incubate new service strategies and articulate them within a technical and business framework,
- must prioritize, scope, create, support sales efforts, deliver, and optimize new services,
- must train, support, and provide appropriate documentation to transition new services for general delivery.
- Current Service Improvement: Work with appropriate virtual teams to capture the best current practices, keep methodologies and procedures current, ensure evolution of tools required to support the service, ensure that service remains current with technology and solution development, optimize delivery of the service, and provide ongoing support, training, and documentation to the general delivery organization.
- Service Retirement: Able to identify and retire services as appropriate in collaboration with services work group.
- Service Strategy Guidance: Ensure that any services being developed support Cisco’s strategy, to prioritize which service should continue to be offered, and to decommission services which do not support Cisco strategy in collaboration with services work group.
- Technical Leadership: Required to participate and collaborate with peer solution consultants, solution architects and security practice technical leaders to identify, prioritize, and address salient issues. Visibility and transparency for leadership efforts to be appropriately provided.
- Lead Collaboration Efforts: Inspire team and organization success through positive feedback and constant support. Responsible for providing consulting to and influences top customers, Cisco sales, CDO, product management and delivery teams, global in the development of intellectual capital, solutions, and services.
- Transparency: While providing visibility on efforts, works independently and consults with Cisco subject matter experts on a variety of strategic technical and business-related issues. Actively seek opportunities for feedback and improvement.
- Creativity and Analysis: Apply raw analytical power to solving new problems within broadly defined constraints. Exercise judgment in obtaining results, utilizing the support of more senior team members when needed.
§ Solve most assigned problems and some cross-organization problems independently, using professional knowledge, sound judgment, and Cisco policy and procedure.
§ Apply creativity in tackling complex issues to create effective and lasting solutions.
- Business Acumen: Understand the business impact of problems and their solutions.
- Delivery: A range of demands for delivery of services by a solution consultant will include performing all the relevant services independently, leading a team of engineers across multiple technical disciplines where architectural and total solution perspective is required, and participating as a deep technical expert on a multitude of technological areas including a range of technologies.
- Project and Services Lifecycle: On key projects, should stay engaged through the whole project and services lifecycle to ensure continuity and successful delivery.
- Architectural Expertise: Provide strong horizontal (broad) expertise to designs with consultants, sales, and deployment teams for medium to large enterprise customers. Evaluates and presents alternative solutions, effectively influencing outcomes. Act as a technical resource for peers within the advanced and emerging technology practices, and global delivery teams.
- Teamwork: Work across broad team of engineers and ensures a systems approach to the integrity of the customer solution which includes multiple technologies across the network and application layers.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Responsible for assisting in the integration of the solution into an existing infrastructure, which would drive systems integration and implementation approaches. Including the identification and integration of third party products and services into a cohesive solution design.
- Mentoring: Should provide mentoring for the development of potential and junior NCEs. Should provide technical mentoring for other technology practices, customers, and partners
Who you will work with:
- Customers - Interacts with Cisco's customers working within an extended cross-functional team including project manager and account team members (Products and Services Sales; Systems and Consulting Systems Engineers).
- Internal and External Teams - Works, with both internal and external teams, to come up with ways to optimize processes, and to improve productivity using automation wherever possible
Who you are:
- Experience in developing end-to-end solutions with both Cisco and selective third-party components. Given a set of business requirements, can provide a complete technical solution for medium to large enterprise of moderate complexity
- Deep technical expertise in Security technology domain with demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following areas - Firewall, IPS/IDS, Admission Control, Content Security, SIEM, SOC, encryption, VPN etc.
- Proven experience in implementing Security solutions across Enterprise and Service provider environments
- Experience in preparing, planning, and designing, implementing and optimizing Security solutions and a broader understanding of Cyber Security industry trends.
- Ability to grasp complex design concepts quickly and be able to provide the right solutions to the clients.
Delivery Excellence and Customer Orientation:
- Able to quickly develop relationships and credibility with senior management and maintain those relationships for the duration of the project lifecycle
- Has clarity on Project Lifecycle Management and strong Process Orientation leading to quality and customer satisfaction outcomes.
- Is equipped to manage stakeholders and customers in a complex and high-touch delivery environment. Has competence in managing customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Strong commitment, enthusiasm and drive with the ability to work through conflicting pressures and priorities
- Built and articulated business cases in support of incremental business outcomes.
- Practiced and executed enabling and mentoring frameworks to drive growth in the learning and development space across a team.
- Track record of thought leadership through writing technical white papers, presenting at company events, and in selected areas of technical/ professional expertise.
- Equipped to manage ambiguity and disruptive change through self-drive, motivation and belief.
- Transform propositions through powerful communication, both verbal and written. Ability to present visually and drive communication in the context of solution storylines and draw executive attention in conversations.
- Manage conflicts with balance and maturity and bring convergence on key issues
- Successful track record in an industry or horizontal solution area
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams contributing effectively for collective successes.
- Innovate for successful outcomes. Ability to contribute in a continuous improvement culture.
Qualifications and Certifications:
- Requires BS/BE/B.Tech degree or equivalent.
- 12 years of related experience in IT industry.
- Minimum of 6-8 years working experience in IT consulting, systems integration or IT role.
- CCIE in any discipline – R&S / SP / Security / Wireless or number of years of relevant experience exhibiting qualities described above.
- Working Knowledge in Quality Systems and Industry Standards with preferred certification in process areas (ITIL/ TOGAF/ ISO, etc)
- Subject Matter Expertise:
- Deep technical expertise in security technology domain
- Experience in implementing management and monitoring Security infrastructure elements.
- Experience with preparing, planning, and designing, implementing, optimizing, and operating Security solutions.
- Architectural Expertise:
- Fluency in a wide range of information technologies such as routing and switching (Enterprise / SP), security, infrastructure applications, voice, content networking, wireless, etc.
- Fluency in design principles (availability, adaptability, scalability, dependability (MTBF application), modularity).
- Fluency in operational disciplines (systems management, systems monitoring, change management).
- Experience with developing solutions and end-to-end architectures. Given a set of business requirements, can provide a complete technical solution for medium to large enterprise of moderate complexity.
- Communicates effectively: Above average presentation skills. Strong written and oral skills. Effective written communications includes formatting, grammar and usage, and graphics to create documents which are neat and pleasing. Able to represent Cisco by communicating technical business capabilities and strategies externally.
- Customer oriented: Ability to listen to customer requirements and translate those into recommended network architectures and solutions.
- Strong customer relationship skills: Able to quickly develop relationships and credibility with senior management and maintain those relationships for the duration of the project lifecycle.
- Teamwork: Proven and effective team membership skills, with the ability to work effectively with others while resolving complex issues. History of collaboration, information sharing transparency, and inclusive behavior with global, virtual teams is desired.
- Dedication: Strong commitment, enthusiasm and drive with the ability to work through conflicting pressures and priorities.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.