Salesforce Technical Engineer
Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a top-notch Salesforce engineer who can build innovative and scalable applications using Service Cloud. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to create applications that make it easier for Cisco customers and TAC engineers to manage Service Requests efficiently. You will be interacting directly with business end-users and IT development teams as part of your project work to design and implement the best solutions.
As a lead engineer, you will be the key technical SME on the team and your responsibilities would include:
- Should support agile leadership and principles
- Guide team in arriving right solutions for the requirements
- Validate and contribute towards various artifacts including low-level design
- Ensure team is adhering to best practices and build technical feasibility documents
- Be the point of contact for any product assessments like Einstein etc.., creating quick PoC for demonstrating PoV
- Should be front-ending for product feature clarifications and issues with SFDC product/support team
- Should be able to create and support migration/deployments for lightening development
- Should front end any architecture and integrations activities
- Bring product view and consumer view for the solution suggested
- Create and establish usage metrics for the developed solution
- Recommend alternate solution vs OOB features
- Must have good communication and verbal skills
- Should be able to simplify and present solution approaches
- Negotiate and drive solution discussions
- Should be able to drive project goals
Who you’ll work with
When you work with us, you’ll be part of a highly empowered collaborative team that's passionate about building functional applications for CX community to support Cisco customers expeditiously and efficiently.
Who you are
You love using technology to solve business problems. You’re an avid learner and has a strong track record of building scalable applications using Salesforce technologies and frameworks.
At a minimum, you should have 8-10 years’ experience developing Salesforce applications and be proficient in the following:
- Able to contribute and validate Service Cloud solution artifacts including architecture, design, development and best practices
- Hands-on APEX, Visual force and lightning development
- Have a full life cycle implementation experience of lightning projects. Knowledge of wave analytics is a plus.
- Able to assess the requirement to arrive at OOB vs Custom solution.
- Excellent knowledge of third party applications and platform integrations.
- Integrations between various cloud (Sales and Marketing) would be an advantage.
- Build and execute lightning migration roadmap.
- Identify automation and validation tools for the product features
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take ambitious steps, and we take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.