Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
What You Will Find
Interested in being challenged and appreciated while embarking in a dynamic career? In an environment where colleagues become friends, where managers actively mentor and where creativity and ambition are valued?
You will discover a creative, flexible and award-winning working environment using the latest Cisco technology to enable and empower our sellers to perform to the very best of their abilities. You will provide best-in-class training to the VDC sellers on both technical concepts and sales processes, along with professional skills including communication, time management and building a professional brand.
Combined with regular coaching to continue to help you develop and build your professional network, you have an opportunity to learn from your peers, share your best practices, coach others and help them grow.
If you enjoy working in a team environment, with a culture that is founded on collaboration, innovation, celebration and giving back to local communities, the VDC Activation Team is the place for you.
The Virtual Demand Center is one of Cisco’s fastest growing sales teams and is the talent engine for Cisco Sales with diverse and motivated teams that consistently deliver profitable growth.
We serve our customers through a series of selling motions to drive higher value and an optimal experience from Cisco solutions to drive relevant business outcomes. We are a global, dynamic team that brings excitement to the sales environment every day. We connect Cisco customers with solutions that can transform their businesses and change the world for the better.
As a the VDC Trainer located in EMEA, you will help our sellers gain a deeper understanding of Cisco’s solutions, customers and our partner eco-system. You will help our sellers understand who we sell to, why they care and what makes Cisco relevant. You will play a key and vital role in equipping our sellers with the knowledge they need to help customers achieve their business outcomes. This training will span across Cisco’s architectures and solutions, including soft skills and how to use the sales tools which will help the sellers be most productive day-to-day.
What You'll Do
Seller New Hire Training and Onboarding
Support the EMEA Cisco seller agent onboarding through collaborative approach with other theater trainers regarding architecture alignment, MindTickle (LMS) assignment, and providing both real-time and VoD training for Cisco solutions and role requirements. Meet with sellers throughout the “ramp up” process to provide debriefs, coordinate additional support, and answer questions as needed in the following areas:
- Sales Training
- Product Research
- Open Ended vs. Close Ended Questions
- Identifying Pre/Post or Purchase Cycle
- Understanding VDC motions and sales flows
- Coordinating additional expert resources for sales tools and motions
- Help seller understand and position Cisco’s value proposition in our major campaigns of Hybrid Work, Reimagine Applications, Secure the Enterprise, and Transform Infrastructure
- Product Training
- Security, Enterprise Networks/Wireless, Collaboration, Data Center
- Providing coaching in customer engagement connecting customer business needs to Cisco solutions
- Understanding Cisco multi-architectural value propositions and how to align business needs to Cisco’s unique capabilities
- General Training
- Phone Etiquette
- VDC Processes and best practices
Ongoing and Existing Seller Training
Ensure completion of Cisco directed training, supports real-time implementation and execution of new processes or procedures and ensure ongoing knowledge share across architectures/channels.
- Advise sellers on appropriate products/solutions based on customer inquiries
- Provide call review to provide feedback to managers and evaluate additional training needs
- Refresher Training Sessions across technology, services, and new product introductions
- Work with marketing and other sources updates on Playbooks/General Procedures
- Coordinate, as required, for tools and process training from SME sources
- Meet routinely with vendor and Cisco Sellers to understand additional enablement needs
- Meet routinely with vendor and Cisco managers for feedback on team needs and upcoming enablement activities.
- Coordinate theater specific requirements to other theater training leaders and coordinates local resources as necessary
Who You Are
If you enjoy teaching, training and coaching in a dynamic, ever-changing environment, are energized with teaching new sales and technical skills and are not satisfied until you see what you taught in action and truly improving sales performance, we have the place for you.
- You have real-world sales experience (preferably at Cisco) are someone who is always looking for ways to improve your teaching skills.
- Ideally, you are located in or near Lisbon so that it is easy to be on site training with the sellers and sales managers
- You are a proven leader, as either a sales manager and/or top performing seller.
- You know how to hold the attention of a room, are authentic and genuine.
- You can connect with people quickly and foster trust.
- You are able to adapt your training style to the participants’ learning styles. You can easily adapt your presentation to the audience you are addressing.
- You are an effective listener, can discern when a message is not getting through and redirect the conversations.
- You are adept at facilitating discussions. You are able to ask probing questions and encourage interactions in both virtual and physical teaching locations.
- You can present in front of a crowd, take your training seriously, but not take yourself too seriously.
- You love teaching/coaching, and this passion drives you to put in the extra effort to become a subject matter expert quickly.
- You proactively seek feedback and ways to improve and automatically adjust your style accordingly.
- You have high energy and are energized by working with teams.
- You can connect the dots quickly and apply the lessons to real-world situations by sharing stories which resonate with the sellers.
- You will do whatever it takes to ensure that the new skills and techniques that you are training are applied and it results in improved performance of the sellers and the overall team.
- Fluent in English is mandatory;
- German, French and any other European language will be a plus.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (37 years strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.