Sales Specialist and Architecture Leader – Netherlands
Location:Offsite, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Internet of Everything, Networking
Our team is looking for a Sales Specialist and Architecture Leader who will be focussed on managing a team of Specialists within the sales organisation. This team is strategically aligned to selling Cisco solutions to our customers located in the Netherlands. This hire is a senior-level opportunity within the sales org within the country. You will be building relationships with teams across the Netherlands and working with the senior leadership to achieve the country goals.
This role requires a deep understanding, knowledge and experience across the Cisco technology portfolio The focus of this role is to bring the business to an even more strategic level and to increase the Cisco share incremental. You’ll be a cornerstone in the Management Team and align especially with the Country Manager as well as other Managers to drive the business.
Within this opportunity, you will work with Sales Specialists, Systems Engineers, and Account sales teams to exceed sales objectives. In this position you will mentor, influence and directly impact the entire sales process including lead management, qualification, evaluation, close and account care. You will also play an integral role in the success of the overall sales team.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Lead, empower and develop the Technical Sales Specialist teams.
- Define and implement sales plans
- Meet and exceed quotas through Technical Sales Management and mentoring related to prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing opportunities.
- Develop and lead sales pipeline, prospecting, and assessing sales to move a large number of transactions through the sales pipeline.
- Own and collaborate on all aspects of the sales cycle, including product support and sales engineering.
- Understand the competitive market, and be familiar with the contending companies and their product suite.
- Collaborate within the Cisco team on strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care
- Build, and identify operationalize methodologies, using them across the team to improve results.
- Help the team identify effective strategies to position Cisco against the competition, advancing driven threats appropriately
- Mentor the team on the most effective ways to demonstrate and communicate the strategic value of Cisco to customers/partners in language that is relevant to their business
Who You’ll Work With
This role will report directly to the MD for EMEA North Specialist & Architectures. You will have to engage with in country Sales and Engineering teams as well as Marketing, Channels and other sales support organizations. Your involvement includes the orchestration between product, software and service sales and also business development and marketing. Further, you are also responsible for building new relationships with potential eco partners and customers that can enrich our existing portfolio and Cisco’s value proposition.
Who You Are
- A strong technical background with proven experience in selling Cisco solutions at named accounts.
- Have an established network with relevant eco-partners
- Have experience and track record with strategic account planning
- Have a consistent track record leading significant revenue responsibility and overachieving targets to meet stretch goals
- Have shown ability to provide thought leadership, think strategically and effectively communicate vision (both written and verbal) and influence cross-functionally
- Have strong leadership skills in mentoring and developing a sales organization
- Can lead a dispersed account team with both direct and indirect reports
- The ability to harmonize with multiple cross-functional teams to achieve a common goal and effectively lead.
#WeAreCisco. We are all unique, but collectively we bring our talents to work as a team, to develop innovative technology and power a more inclusive, digital future for everyone. How do we do it? Well, for starters – with people like you!
Nearly every internet connection around the world touches Cisco. We’re the Internet’s optimists. Our technology makes sure the data traveling at light speed across connections does so securely, yet it’s not what we make but what we make happen which marks us out. We’re helping those who work in the health service to connect with patients and each other; schools, colleges, and universities to teach in even the most challenging of times. We’re helping businesses of all shapes and sizes to connect with their employees and customers in new ways, providing people with access to the digital skills they need and connecting the most remote parts of the world – whether through 5G, or otherwise.
We tackle whatever challenges come our way. We have each other’s backs, we recognize our accomplishments, and we grow together. We celebrate and support one another – from big and small things in life to big career moments. And giving back is in our DNA (we get 10 days off each year to do just that).
We know that powering an inclusive future starts with us. Because without diversity and a dedication to equality, there is no moving forward. Our 30 Inclusive Communities, that bring people together around commonalities or passions, are leading the way. Together we’re committed to learning, listening, caring for our communities, whilst supporting the most vulnerable with a collective effort to make this world a better place either with technology, or through our actions.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.